I-Pro

McClarensLads

Isn't it meant to be a drink for sports people? Its not a soft drink.

It's marketed as a sports drink. But it is exactly the same. Flavored sugar or sugar replacement water. Any ingredient that ends in ose get's absorbed by the body as if it were sugar. The idea of calorie free ose ingredients is disingenuous. It's energy. Any excess energy get's stored as fat. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's marketed as a sports drink. But it is exactly the same. Flavored sugar or sugar replacement water. Any ingredient that ends in ose get's absorbed by the body as if it were sugar. The idea of calorie free ose ingredients is disingenuous. It's energy. Any excess energy get's stored as fat.

Where did I say anything about being calory free?

I said the others are marketed as soft drinks not that they were calory free.

It's instant diabetes in a handy size bottle.

Got the free bottle at the iPro first game. Got home. Read the contents and Chucked it down the sink. Something like 600 calories in a bottle. Why would anyone drink that or any other energy drink ****.

It's instant diabetes in a handy size bottle.

Got the free bottle at the iPro first game. Got home. Read the contents and Chucked it down the sink. Something like 600 calories in a bottle. Why would anyone drink that or any other energy drink sausage.

I don't know, maybe because you're doing strenuous physical activity?

It's not for if you're thirsty!

I don't know, maybe because you're doing strenuous physical activity?

It's not for if you're thirsty!

Because nobody did strenuous activity before energy drinks existed. Pumping your body full of sugar in the name of exercise just isn't healthy.

All these drinks are bought by gullible marketing-mens' dream people who believe that an advert saying something can benefit you by "up to 100%" actually means it will do something.

Because nobody did strenuous activity before energy drinks existed. Pumping your body full of sugar in the name of exercise just isn't healthy.

All these drinks are bought by gullible marketing-mens' dream people who believe that an advert saying something can benefit you by "up to 100%" actually means it will do something.

You're obviously not a sportsman.

You're obviously not a sportsman.

No but what proportion of these drinks total sales are consumed by sportsmen / athletes?. Bugger all.

What worries me is the huge numbers of young people who drink this stuff because it's marketed as being cool and are filling their bodies full of sugar they just don't need.

Bring back the alcopops.....

No but what proportion of these drinks total sales are consumed by sportsmen / athletes?. Bugger all.

What worries me is the huge numbers of young people who drink this stuff because it's marketed as being cool and are filling their bodies full of sugar they just don't need.

Bring back the alcopops.....

Well personally, the vast majority of the time I see sports drinks are at football on a Sunday morning but I am aware of parents that let their kids that drink them and totally agree about that.

Archived