AmericanRam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because they closed us down.

Worked their nuts off

Got stuck into us.

Played at a pace we couldn't match.

They bust a gut, whilst we trotted about and got battered.

Having said that we had the chances to go 2-0 up and we had 20 minutes at the start of the 2nd half to win it.

Sometimes we have to accept that the better team won. They were better organised, better motivated and didn't give us a thing throughout the 90 minutes. Fair play to them - they thoroughly deserved their win.

It wasn't that we struggled to break down Wigan today, I think that's being pretty insulting to their performance. They were all over us

I only saw the second half but I gather that the first was as bad if not worse.

I said at the time that the Reading performance was poor, and we were ok midweek. Before that Millwall and Bournemouth weren't great either. I believe we are the best team in the league but I don't think we are playing great football at the moment. Hoping that today is a wake up call.

Agree with this and said the same earlier. Also had results go our way a lot of weeks. Not that I'm complaining! Wigan deserved today. Glad we have a midweek game to get back on the horse.

We were pants today. I am pissed but Martin was nullified, Butlands kicking was crap and Keogh and Whitbread have not got the passing range to set anything off. (Bucko does)

And wht is whitbread so scared of attacking the ball to clear it?

I noticed that to about Whit dav. Nerves? Anxiety to perform? Not sure.

Unbeaten runs are overrated. I don't mind if we lose games, as long as we bounce back with wins.

Lose one, win one is better than two draws so beating Reading and losing to Wigan is better than drawing them both.

I reckon we'll bounce back at Brentford with a win.

But we can use this game as a learning curve. There is still so much more to come from us, and I feel we can definitely improve certain areas of our side - particularly DM and on the wings.

We were pants today. I am pissed but Martin was nullified, Butlands kicking was crap and Keogh and Whitbread have not got the passing range to set anything off. (Bucko does)

And wht is whitbread so scared of attacking the ball to clear it?

Didn't go today but watched. My opinion is that he often goes in for things when odds aren't on his side and gets caught out of position. Perhaps he's trying to balance that by attacking it less but still choosing the wrong spots.

We'll just have to take our medicine after this and move swiftly on. We started badly and didn't get much better. We couldn't grab the game after being fortunate to go 1-0 up. 

But this will almost certainly not be the last game we lose this season, these things can happen, so take it on the chin and get ready for Brentford. I imagine there'll be at least a couple of changes for that match. 

You knew the type of game it was going to be from the first minute, when Wigan put 3 men tight on our centre halves and Eustace to stop us playing the ball out from a goal kick.

They worked incredibly hard, Fortune had the beating of our central defenders for most of the game and, in all honesty, they deserved to go in in front at half time, never mind behind.

Poor performance, poor result. Still top of the league, immediate chance to bounce back with 2 more winnable games this week.

Archived