American players for Derby

AmericanRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitbread has proved a few wrong who questioned us signing him. Good, solid player who provides good cover

Eddie Lewis - gave his all, but ultimately his signing summed up the summer of 2007. "Rams Sign International Winger" screamed the Derby Telegraph. Reality was it was a 33 year old from League One.

Benny Feilhaber - now I actually rated him. Criminally underused IMO, seem to remember a very good performance away at Reading. Again, it just never happened for him - writing was on the wall when Billy engineered his sacking.

Conor Doyle - poor kid probably wishes he'd stayed where he was and took the scholarship rather than chasing the dream. Never looked remotely good enough. Rabbit in the headlights.

John Harkes - Wembley. May 1994. Leicester City. That sitter...... Stands the test of time more than the Zamora goal. Never forgave him for that.

Question Americanram - am I right in thinking that Giles Barnes is still at Houston Dynamo? Have you seen much of him in the MLS and what are your thoughts? For me, that kid should have had it all. Shame he was made of glass.

Whitbread has proved a few wrong who questioned us signing him. Good, solid player who provides good cover

Eddie Lewis - gave his all, but ultimately his signing summed up the summer of 2007. "Rams Sign International Winger" screamed the Derby Telegraph. Reality was it was a 33 year old from League One.

Benny Feilhaber - now I actually rated him. Criminally underused IMO, seem to remember a very good performance away at Reading. Again, it just never happened for him - writing was on the wall when Billy engineered his sacking.

Conor Doyle - poor kid probably wishes he'd stayed where he was and took the scholarship rather than chasing the dream. Never looked remotely good enough. Rabbit in the headlights.

John Harkes - Wembley. May 1994. Leicester City. That sitter...... Stands the test of time more than the Zamora goal. Never forgave him for that.

Question Americanram - am I right in thinking that Giles Barnes is still at Houston Dynamo? Have you seen much of him in the MLS and what are your thoughts? For me, that kid should have had it all. Shame he was made of glass.

Just seen Houston play twice mate(when they played RSL) and I remember vaguely tbh how he looked.But looking at his stats,he has 11 goals and 5 assists this season.Also found article talking about what a bright spot he is for Houston amid a bad record for them.

Just seen Houston play twice mate(when they played RSL) and I remember vaguely tbh how he looked.But looking at his stats,he has 11 goals and 5 assists this season.Also found article talking about what a bright spot he is for Houston amid a bad record for them.

Must admit I'm surprised he's still out there, really thought someone would have gambled on bringing him back by now. Was a joy to watch at times in our last promotion season, albeit incredibly cocky and arrogant. Colchester at home he absolutely destroyed them.

Must admit I'm surprised he's still out there, really thought someone would have gambled on bringing him back by now. Was a joy to watch at times in our last promotion season, albeit incredibly cocky and arrogant. Colchester at home he absolutely destroyed them.

Good points mate.He from what I read really enjoys the MLS and I think Jamaica has or will soon call him into their national side.

Barnsley at home the promotion season - he had two touches.

That volley against cardiff...

Sunderland goal was pretty special.

Reckon he inspired us through the playoffs too just by being on the pitch. Changed the momentum of the semi final when he came on, Saints were ripping us to shreds before he came on. Same in the final too, gave us a huge lift.

I'd forgotten that goal at Sunderland, pure class. And the Cardiff volley too....

Archived