Football Manager 2015

Tombo

Anyone getting it? Seen the footage?

I have pre-ordered it and got my early access code last night to the beta. It's not bad, definitely feels like a big leap from previous FMs. Plenty of bugs though as to be expected with a beta version.

They've really done a number on the tactics screen though, horrendously cluttered. Hopefully they do something about this soon, seen lots of internet forums expressing their disgust too.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be getting once its released, I have never really enjoyed playing the Beta's. I got sacked by Derby after having a poor start to the season after winning the Capital One Cup and getting knocked out of the Europa League in the group stage :( Season later I went to a mid table AC Milan team and made them kings of Europe after 4 seasons :cool:

You know, funny you should say that because I kinda wish I hadn't bothered with the beta now and just waited for release. It's just got me worried that it won't be as good as it should be. Lot of work to be done in the next two weeks before release.

You know, funny you should say that because I kinda wish I hadn't bothered with the beta now and just waited for release. It's just got me worried that it won't be as good as it should be. Lot of work to be done in the next two weeks before release.

Would have to get this from UK as I do not think sold in the States.Never played before.Is it really that fun? Just curious as an prospective buyer.

Would have to get this from UK as I do not think sold in the States.Never played before.Is it really that fun? Just curious as an prospective buyer.

I wouldn't describe the experience as fun at all. I would describe it as a source of constant torment. Addictive and worth playing though. Very detailed and possibly the closest thing to a football simulator we have (although still quite a bit away from total realism).

I wouldn't describe the experience as fun at all. I would describe it as a source of constant torment. Addictive and worth playing though. Very detailed and possibly the closest thing to a football simulator we have (although still quite a bit away from total realism).

Thanks.

Definitely get it AR but prepare to get addicted :) 

Played a bit of 15 last night - I really want to like it but it still feels too raw to me - the skin colour against the text hurt my eyes (maybe that's cos I need glasses though) - the match graphics are still basic (although apparently being worked on), had 3 crashes while in training (expected in a beta), but I found myself just going back to 14 cos I wanted to have fun not go blind and constantly reload. 

I have patience, I will wait for updates like a patient girl :)

I'm looking to get back into this series. Have they moved on from the "buy loads of cheap South Americans" method for success yet?

That hasn't been a guaranteed method for success since about Champ Manager 01.

But you might find if you play as Derby that you can't sign any South Americans because of the work permits anyway. Plus the scouting range apparently doesn't stretch that far (although we know it does).

Definitely get it AR but prepare to get addicted :)

Played a bit of 15 last night - I really want to like it but it still feels too raw to me - the skin colour against the text hurt my eyes (maybe that's cos I need glasses though) - the match graphics are still basic (although apparently being worked on), had 3 crashes while in training (expected in a beta), but I found myself just going back to 14 cos I wanted to have fun not go blind and constantly reload. 

I have patience, I will wait for updates like a patient girl :)

They're sorting out the "light" skins so I hear. Did you not watch any videos before you pre-ordered? They showed the skins in the youtube videos SI put up.

You are right though, and as I said, loads of work needs doing in the next two weeks. For starters my budget with Derby is immensely ****** up. I have like

They're sorting out the "light" skins so I hear. Did you not watch any videos before you pre-ordered? They showed the skins in the youtube videos SI put up.

You are right though, and as I said, loads of work needs doing in the next two weeks. For starters my budget with Derby is immensely sausaged up. I have like

Ok mate, I have looked at some articles about the beta and might give it a go.  How would you suggest I go about playing it as I never have before?

How to go about playing it? Pre order the game on Steam and get an early access beta code..?

Or do you mean how to actually play the game? Because that explains itself. However you feel like playing. It's a big football management sandbox. You'll find out for yourself what works and what doesn't work for you.

How to go about playing it? Pre order the game on Steam and get an early access beta code..?

Or do you mean how to actually play the game? Because that explains itself. However you feel like playing. It's a big football management sandbox. You'll find out for yourself what works and what doesn't work for you.

Meant actually playing the game itself mate and thanks.  I suppose I will start with Derby, and go from there. Always fancied messing with an off the wall team persay, so might do that after Derby.

Meant actually playing the game itself mate and thanks.  I suppose I will start with Derby, and go from there. Always fancied messing with an off the wall team persay, so might do that after Derby.

If you've never played it before then it can be a bit difficult finding everything, and overwhelming when you consider all the things a manager has to take care of, but it is quite a fun test of your football brain. A good chance to test out our "armchair manager" credentials (and us internet football forum folk are ALL armchair managers at heart!).

If you've never played it before then it can be a bit difficult finding everything, and overwhelming when you consider all the things a manager has to take care of, but it is quite a fun test of your football brain. A good chance to test out our "armchair manager" credentials (and us internet football forum folk are ALL armchair managers at heart!).

Lol very true mate.

It's a good game mate, it's great fun although can get bloody frustrating at times. I've had second season syndrome on about 5 saves in a row. The company who make it are going to help produce an NFL game which comes out in 2015 as well :)

Does everyone here always play as Derby? Personally I don't... I've always found it too hard to transfer list Bucko, who's always got awful stats, and I never like to fall out with Hughes, etc. I've done saves in a couple of different leagues - it's not everyone's cup of tea but I like Serie A as it's quite even (except for Juventus), co-ownership is pretty fun, and having 12 subs makes it easy to blood young players.

The game was ruined for me when I discovered the editor on FM 11. I can't play a normal game now, will nearly always tinker with the game before hand. Having said that, the most fun I've had is starting as Burton with their squad but giving myself an injection of money to help, as well as creating a young wonderkid who can lead the team to glory!

Archived