Fans leaving early....

RichORam

Given our propensity for late goals this season, leaving early can be a dangerous thing. 

I always stay to the end because I think its the polite thing to do - I've always wondered what the players must think when they've worked their knackers off or had a barnstorming victory only to look up at 85 mins and see people streaming out. It's just rude.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people don't get their cars off the official car parks before the end of the game they cannot get back to the ground to pickup  dependent friends/family who are not very mobile because the road is closed early -  or worse they are kept on the car park for 1/2.hr after the games. It isn't entirely by choice that they leave early. Or even just the decision to get away before it all clogs up. Its that other people have made logistical decisions over the last few years that have made it difficult for increasing numbers of fans to stay till the end .  Believe me it is very frustrating when you are walking away and somebody scores !!!

Maybe some people have a reason to leave early! Sometimes I have work at 6 so therefore I need to leave as soon as added time is put on to make sure that I get on the first coach back to Burton because if i miss that one I won't make work in time.

Maybe some people have a reason to leave early! Sometimes I have work at 6 so therefore I need to leave as soon as added time is put on to make sure that I get on the first coach back to Burton because if i miss that one I won't make work in time.

Parking is the only reason I leave early. Parking on & around PP is ****. Being held in the car park after the game is ****. I have a 2 hour journey home after the game, by the time I've dropped my dad off at home. If I don't get away from the Stadium until after 6 sometimes, it knackers up the rest of the night.

I wonder how many of those who object to leaving early drive and have to park close to the stadium?

As others have said, I've bought a ticket - it's my choice to leave early and my fault if I miss a goal or two. I'm fine with that.

A lot of Derby fans travel a long way to get to the matches and they need to catch trains or get clear of Pride Park early in their cars. Leaving the match a few minutes early could cut anything up to an hour off my son's journey back to Worcester

Given our propensity for late goals this season, leaving early can be a dangerous thing. 

I always stay to the end because I think its the polite thing to do - I've always wondered what the players must think when they've worked their knackers off or had a barnstorming victory only to look up at 85 mins and see people streaming out. It's just rude.

Exactly you leave on the 85th minute this season you'll miss half the seasons goals!  :lol:

Being stuck in traffic for ages is a bs excuse. When we used to drive from Edinburgh, we would never leave early and we had a 5 hour drive ahead of us. As someone said above, it's just rude.

On Tuesdays, the last train home for me now is at 21.44, so that's cutting it tight for me if I want to go. If anyone lives in the Manchester area and would want to drive, I'd obviously chip in for petrol. 

My drive isn't too bad, just over two hours. I have never left a game early, although sometimes if the game is sealed I may walk down the stairs and catch the last minute of injury time on the TV. I know the traffic is going to be terrible for the next half hour or so after the match, we just go and get a drink and a bite to eat and discuss the game. By then, traffic is gone and its an easy and relaxed drive home listening to Robbie or the second half of the 5.15 game. Sorted.

I have never left a game early, although sometimes if the game is sealed I may walk down the stairs and catch the last minute of injury time on the TV..

How is that better than walking another 10 feet and out of the stadium?. To the rest of the crowd, you've left the game early.

I find it irritating but I have to consider it isn't always convenient for everyone. I am young, able-bodied, have no dependants and can walk home from Pride Park in thirty minutes so I have no excuse for leaving even a second before the final whistle.

But if circumstances are so difficult that you have to leave ten minutes early potentially missing important moments then have you ever considered that going to the match is simply more trouble than it's worth? Taking a long time to get in and out is unfortunately something you have to take into account when following the Rams.

That question probably sounded harsh but if traffic really is such a pain then maybe go for a coffee/pint/snack after the match to kill time and avoid it. But as some people have pointed out it's their money so it's their choice and isn't really for me to judge.

Parking is the only reason I leave early. Parking on & around PP is sausage. Being held in the car park after the game is sausage. I have a 2 hour journey home after the game, by the time I've dropped my dad off at home. If I don't get away from the Stadium until after 6 sometimes, it knackers up the rest of the night.

I wonder how many of those who object to leaving early drive and have to park close to the stadium?

As others have said, I've bought a ticket - it's my choice to leave early and my fault if I miss a goal or two. I'm fine with that.

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Are we talking about you actually buying a ticket or hypothetically buying a ticket?

I have only ever left one game early and that was an England u21 game that I went to with my boss who was Forest.  Serves me right.  I assume after years of watching that ***** he gets out as soon as he can.

I have never left a Derby game early - and always remember the 3-3 draw with Sunderland at the BBG.  3-0 down at half time and the number of people in the ground must have halved.  Think it was the season we went down under Arthur Cox.

The Brighton away scenario is interesting.  The organisation around getting away from that ground was sausage.  Luckily I was only going back to London but we queued for ages to get back to Brighton to then get away.  It was nearly kicking off too, surprised there is not trouble their more often.

Never left early, no problem with them that do though,what really winds me up is people who eat during the match.

The lad in front of me has pie and chips every second half, have to control the urge to stab his eyes out with the little plastic fork, I know it's irrational, but winds me up for some reason.

Archived