Fans leaving early....

RichORam

Hey guys!

so i recently saw an article on the BBC about big Do-nots in football after Balotelli swapped his shirt at half time for all the world to see. a lot of them i did find a bit petty like kissing the clubs badge and not celebrating against former clubs, but one that did massively agree with was 'Fans leaving early'.

This is one of my pet hates in football and when i see 1,000s of fans streaming out the ipro between 80th/85th minute it really does frustrate me...

as i go with my uncle who is wheelchair bound, i can understand some disabled supporters wanting to miss the mad rush at the end of the game...

Stay and support your team until the final whistle! not only just that but you miss fantastic moments like Jake Buxton's winner against forest, the comeback against Yeovil just to name a couple.

what's everyone else's view on this? I'm eager to know!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never really had a big problem with it myself. 

Not that I can see the benefit in general though. Maybe it helps beat the rush over the bridge back to Chad saving you 10 minutes if you're going that way but if you're parked up somewhere near you're going to sit in traffic for ages anyway. And if you're walking any other direction the crowd flows pretty well in my experience.

Each to their own though, you pays your money you takes your choice.

It is up to them, but they get in the way of others that have paid. "Excuse me, sorry, can I just get through, cheers, excuse me, cheers, just squeezing through, excuse me..."

I wonder if they go to the cinema and leave before the end?

Plus it doesn't save barely any time when so many do it unless you leave 10-15 minutes early. In which case I think you're wasting money a bit. I love it when the game changes too like the 3-3 draw with Wednesday!!

But waaaaaay worse than leaving early is players not celebrating when they score against clubs they only played 5 minutes for. "Look how nice I am!! I'm a gentleman"

It's football ffs. You have 17 clubs on your cv. If you feel like celebrating then celebrate. Just don't do a "funny" dance or make stupid shapes with your journeyman hand. I can understand if it's like Lampard v Chelsea. Or Mart frickin Poom

We always stay to the end, and then some in order to applaud the players off the pitch and/or boo the ref. I just wish we opened the bars again after the game like Brighton do, but in their case it's because thousands are descending upon the railway station so anything to encourage a 'staggered departure' (hic) is a good thing.

I've left early once.

The times I've been most tempted are when we were getting battered 6-2 during the final game at Highfield Road, and the home games against West Ham and Villa during "that" season.

On the one occasion I did go early we went into the concourse to watch the last few minutes on the tvs. We scored twice to gain a 3-3 draw with Wednesday and I had to grab hold of my sister to stop her being trampled by the stampede of fans rushing back to the stands to give tango some stick.

If you leave maybe a minute or two before the final whistle blows, you can walk straight down the stairs. Wait for the whistle and you're stood there for about 10 minutes waiting for every other row below you to leave. Can't stand it, more often than not end up leaving around the time the additional minutes are put up. Unless obviously the game doesn't look like it is over. If there looks to be a late goal, we stay. Or if Derby are losing and we're praying for a late goal.

Been doing it 6 seasons, don't think I've ever missed a goal. Fairly sure I haven't anyway.

Winds me up something chronic. And it goes for going for a pie early or turning up late too.

That many people leave 5 minutes early, the bloody queue is no worse! How can people leave early in tight games? How could you leave when we are winning when surely you want to show appreciation at full time?

Everyone that leaves early should be put in the same block of the stadium so it doesn't make me get in and out of my seat 25 times a game.

I used to sit near a guy who would turn up about 10 minutes late, go down 5 minutes before half time for a pint, be late back to the second half, and leave 5-10 minutes before the end of the game every single week.

He literally missed nearly half the game every week. Add that to the fact that he was generally pissed off his head when he arrived. His ticket was a complete waste of money.

I used to sit near a guy who would turn up about 10 minutes late, go down 5 minutes before half time for a pint, be late back to the second half, and leave 5-10 minutes before the end of the game every single week.

He literally missed nearly half the game every week. Add that to the fact that he was generally pissed off his head when he arrived. His ticket was a complete waste of money.

This p1sses me off TBF. Streams of the "hardcore" South standers ducking into the concourse on 35 mins. If you're ok watching the match on a tv stay at home and find a dodgy stream of it.

Saying that I have left early a few times but seeing as I normally come by train from Long Eaton and don't want to wait another 45 mins to get home I can justify it...

Archived