DAWKS is back! #DMLB

Srg

Today is the evidence that backs up all the criticism Dawkins receives.

He made a really bright start and looked threatening for 5/10 mins. After that he offered nothing offensively or defensively, he didn't even retain possession like he normally does. Compare this to Russell who worked immensely hard and put in an admirable performance, shows just how poor Dawkins is.

It's not a one off either...

Did enough to start the next game ahead of Ibe in my opinion. 

Looked good when came on, looked positive. Hardly had a chance though as had such poor service to him from the defence. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did ok when he first came on. Should've scored.

Then faded and went into his usual sloppy mode.

Ran across the pitch into tackle after tackle before inevitably losing possession.

The winner can from him giving it away too easily.

Not me. I barely have much positive to say since Ibe's cameo at Ewood. He's got a one track mind and the vision of a bat.

nor me. in fact i got laughed at for saying that i thought Ibe "flattered to deceive". hate to say i told you so but I TOLD YOU SO! people were so excited about what Ibe might do, they forgot to realise what Ibe was doing.  "he gets yer bum off yer seat" yeah yeah

Did ok when he first came on. Should've scored.

Then faded and went into his usual sloppy mode.

Ran across the pitch into tackle after tackle before inevitably losing possession.

The winner can from him giving it away too easily.

that same winner where about 7 Derby players ran into each other in a mad scrap, like there was a fox in a chicken house. i'm glad the defence did their job everytime Ibe played it to the opposition, otherwise he'd be really getting a thick ear on here

I do find Dawkins a very frustrating player. He did well for the first 10 minutes or so when he came on and did pose a threat. After that he didn't offer a great deal. I'm not singling him out for that because the rest of the team weren't exactly pulling up any trees either. However what does concern me is that he provides virtually zero defensive support as highlighted by Wigan's 2nd. At least Russell and Ward put the effort in to get back even when they're not performing at the other end of the pitch.

Did enough to start the next game ahead of Ibe in my opinion. 

Looked good when came on, looked positive. Hardly had a chance though as had such poor service to him from the defence. 

Ibe was very poor yesterday and Dawkins looked to be an improvement when he first came on but he soon slipped back into the mould of the player I find so frustrating to watch. Ibe can be poor for the whole game but then can produce a moment of brilliance ie. his goal against Reading. I have no faith that Dawkins can do the same...

Ibe is ultra frustrating for me, much more so than Dawkins, as he loses the ball so many more times, at least Dawkins does keep possession more often and will actually pass more often. Not sure its waiting for 85 minutes of frustration for one flash which may or may not produce something but as ever I'd mix and match according to who's on form at the time. Russell although he has a fair few assists hasn't really played great over the season (yesterday was much the best) so think they will all be in and out of the team as none are consistently good all the time.

I question McLaren's wisdom in bringing Dawkins and Best on, Dawkins is a predictable powder-puff player who hasn't got a decent tackle in his locker, also he is so predictable and it takes defenders a minimal amount of time to suss him out.  

Mason Bennett offers far more than Best and should replace him in the squad.

Listening to Radio Derby whilst driving home one buffoon actually stated that he thought Dawkins was the Man of the Match, which bloody game did he go to because it wasn't the one I saw yesterday.

:o

Oh Simon Dawkins. What you do to me... An assist and a goal. No end product if you'd believe some on here mind!

Haha that's me.

I'd love to see him continue this scoring form in the league. You can tell he's got talent just sometimes frustrating when he makes the wrong decisions. Fair play to him though, looks like I'll be eating my words for now.        :lol:

Archived