DAWKS is back! #DMLB

Srg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be good having Dawkins and Ibe to swap on say 65mins or so. Ibe more direct but Dawks as silky as a silky thing retaining possession and keeping us moving.

I agree with this. The answer to the Dawkins Ibe conundrum is to start with Dawkins and then bring ibe on as more impact player if we need him.

It's funny, we bring in Ibe who is very direct, a bit selfish, tries to beat too many players, but looks likely to score if given a chance - basically does the things people complain about Dawkins not doing-and yet all you read is people complaining about him an' all.

Idiots who don't know what they want but complain whatever they're given.

I agree with this. The answer to the Dawkins Ibe conundrum is to start with Dawkins and then bring ibe on as more impact player if we need him.

The other way round for me. Ibe to start every time, but he does get tired after 70 or so minutes, so then's the time for Dawkins.

Today is the evidence that backs up all the criticism Dawkins receives.

He made a really bright start and looked threatening for 5/10 mins. After that he offered nothing offensively or defensively, he didn't even retain possession like he normally does. Compare this to Russell who worked immensely hard and put in an admirable performance, shows just how poor Dawkins is.

It's not a one off either...

Today is the evidence that backs up all the criticism Dawkins receives.

He made a really bright start and looked threatening for 5/10 mins. After that he offered nothing offensively or defensively, he didn't even retain possession like he normally does. Compare this to Russell who worked immensely hard and put in an admirable performance, shows just how poor Dawkins is.

It's not a one off either...

What opportunity did he get? Forsyth passed to his neck 3 times. Where Keogh took territory, Whitbread went backwards.

Everytime Dawkins had a chance to work something he did.

It's funny, we bring in Ibe who is very direct, a bit selfish, tries to beat too many players, but looks likely to score if given a chance - basically does the things people complain about Dawkins not doing-and yet all you read is people complaining about him an' all.

Idiots who don't know what they want but complain whatever they're given.

Not me. I barely have much positive to say since Ibe's cameo at Ewood. He's got a one track mind and the vision of a bat.

What opportunity did he get? Forsyth passed to his neck 3 times. Where Keogh took territory, Whitbread went backwards.

Agreed Alpha. Dawks was not garbage today as some may think. Everyone should be called out for their play.

You could say the same about Russell but he grafted and created chances. Also, Russell was very useful defensively; you could see him sprint back to offer support Christie down that flank.

Dawkins was so passive defensively, he might as well not have been there.

Agreed Alpha. Dawks was not garbage today as some may think. Everyone should be called out for their play.

I get your point but not quite everyone. Russell did well, as did Eustace, Butland and Martin despite poor service.

Ibe was especially poor, along with Forsyth and Dawkins.

No-one else was particularly awful, they just weren't great. The way the whole team moved the ball was what let us down mainly rather than individuals

I get your point but not quite everyone. Russell did well, as did Eustace, Butland and Martin despite poor service.

Ibe was especially poor, along with Forsyth and Dawkins.

No-one else was particularly awful, they just weren't great. The way the whole team moved the ball was what let us down mainly rather than individuals

Fair enough.

You could say the same about Russell but he grafted and created chances. Also, Russell was very useful defensively; you could see him sprint back to offer support Christie down that flank.

Dawkins was so passive defensively, he might as well not have been there.

Russell was probably motm tbf but it's not like he does this everytime he plays. He also got better support from Keogh and Christie than the ***** Dawkins had to endure with Forsyth and Whitbread.

He pretty much played with his back to goal on the halfway line such was the supply to him.

Archived