The Big Central Defence Poll

Carl Sagan

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Six clean sheets in a row, with different defensive combinations. Last season it was Keezy and Bucko all the way, but this time around there are more options? Should the bearded wonder return? Is Captain Fantastic up to the job? Did Shotton drop down from the Premier League to play in the stiffs? Are Zak's ambitions to play for the US going to propel him permanently into a spot?

You decide (if I've worked out how to do a poll properly)!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some nostalgic voting happening. Do we really think Mac is going to pick Buxton ahead of Shotton/whitbread ? I will be amazed if Jake plays Saturday. That said Buxton may get a run out in the cup game and we can better see the benefit of Shotton's pace

Some nostalgic voting happening. Do we really think Mac is going to pick Buxton ahead of Shotton/whitbread ? I will be amazed if Jake plays Saturday. That said Buxton may get a run out in the cup game and we can better see the benefit of Shotton's pace

It's not about who's going to play at the weekend. McClaren barely ever changes a winning team so it's pretty obvious that Buxton won't start.

I still picked him and Keogh though. I think they are the best pairing

No problem with man love grounds....was inspiring seeing bucko warm up ....but our manager will not see Bucko as better than Shotton anymore. Time will tell but I will.happily wager Shotton playing more than Bucko from now on

We can all have our favourites and debate...but manager knows more than us the best players/team to put out each game

Hope bucko does play in cup and we win.

It's a toss up between Shotton and Bucko, a fully fit Bucko could edge it over Shotton but right now Shotts is the man.

I also stick by my theory that if we're coming up against a moderately quick striker (Wilson, Delfouneso, Assombamindthegapitsgettinglonga) it's sensible to play Shotton for his pace.

Archived