Ibe is he fit and what is his potential

jono

I know he's only on loan but when he came on against Cardiff I thought we had got ourselves an ace with gold stars, bells and whistles bolted on. I haven't seen a player with that sort of acceleration and ability to change pace since I saw Ronaldo's first game at ManU on MOTD. Then with the stomach bug / groin issue he seemed to slip back to being an above average speedy winger with good feet,.

So was I imagining things ? or are we going to see him get that stardust back and start ripping full backs to bits ( something I really look forward to :)  being a fan of Fancy Dans )

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he's only on loan but when he came on against Cardiff I thought we had got ourselves an ace with gold stars, bells and whistles bolted on. I haven't seen a player with that sort of acceleration and ability to change pace since I saw Ronaldo's first game at ManU on MOTD. Then with the stomach bug / groin issue he seemed to slip back to being an above average speedy winger with good feet,.

So was I imagining things ? or are we going to see him get that stardust back and start ripping full backs to bits ( something I really look forward to :) being a fan of Fancy Dans )

Yes Ibe hasn't lookes as much of an attacking spark, injuries and fitness might be playing a part seeing as though he is playing every game with dawkins and ward injured.

However he scored vs Reading and played well vs Blackpool.

Also he might not have as much attacking flair atm but that might be down to the fact he is learning where and when to just play the easy ball along with doing his defensive work.

I think he's ok. Liverpool see him as the next Sterling and he reminds me of an early Sterling - obviously lots of ability and speed, but just needs to mature a bit when it comes to decisions. I think right now, he's my fourth  choice winger; but injuries to Ward and Dawkins mean he'll get some game time. I can't wait for Dawks to get back as he has definitely been getting better this season.

We need someone like Ibe, as long as the other winger is more conservative. 

He's got something the other three haven't got, well perhaps from maybe Dawkins. He's got fantastic enthusiasm and is willing to got for broke. Against Reading, he scored but had a bad game. The important thing is he scored.

He's young and raw but he's 18. Hughes is possibly the only teenager that isn't raw and that's likely down to his 100+ appearances. 

Ibe, as far as I can tell, will gain more experience and will benefit from McClaren's input. As a winger, we can afford that, as long as he works hard.

He does struggle with 90 minutes, I will admit. First 20 minutes of every game, however, he puts the fear of god in the opposition

Sterling hasn't quite realised he doesn't have to beat 5 defenders either. But he realises it better than Ibe which i bet is why he's ahead of him.

Ibe is clearly very very good on the ball. He's here to learn how and when to use it. If he knew he wouldn't be here.

Find him quite annoying but always try to remind myself of that.

McClaren did say Ibe wanted to come off against Reading, but they wouldn't let him as he needs to build his fitness and get used to playing 90 minutes. And that it will have done him good.

I think Ibe will be one of the season's stars, but if he was the finished product already he'd be playing for Liverpool. Over the season he'll improve his decision making and as he builds his stamina he'll terrify defenders for ever-longer periods of the game..

He was outstanding in the reading cup match. Been very disappointing since then.

I thought he was ok last night - Blackpool were certainly terrified of him, and his link-up play in the second half helped to give us impetus.

I don't doubt his potential.

After watching him in the cup game, I know he can do it maybe we just have to be a bit patient.

Sterling started last season poorly but then came good in the end.

I think Ibe will be the Championship version of him.

Huge potential, seems to start games quickly but tires. Yes he can frustrate when it comes to playing the easy ball, but he's exciting to watch and you can hear that buzz of anticipation when he gets the ball in a dangerous position because he know he'll try to make something happen. Sort of player I look forward to watching.

I'd have him first on the teamsheet when it comes to our wingers, got something a little different.

Archived