Derby County v Wigan Athletic

PrivateDerby

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan have been horrific this season; their performance against Ipswich was absolutely terrible, the worst I've seen for a while.

Last season, they stopped us when we were at our best and really frustrated us. I expect they will open up the same tactic book and we'll come up against similar problems - like the Millwall game. 

I think we'll end up drawing. I'd love a win, especially after last season but I can't see past a low-score draw or 0-0. 

Team, I expect:

Butland; Christie, Keogh, Shotton, Forsyth; Eustace, Bryson, Hughes; Ibe, Russell and Martin

Mascarell was WhoScored's MOTM, but I still expect Eustace to get the nod. 

One of these home games we're going to score early against some out of form side and they're going to open it up to chase the game, ship a second, have their heads drop and finish up on the end of a cricket score. Could be Saturday.

As others have said, I think we will win it,but will be stressful throughout.I think we will nick it late with a goal by Hughesy.

Wigan is a team I for one very much overrated coming into this season, and they have really played badly this season.With that being said,they still have some decent players like McManaman who can cause us headaches if we do not stay focused.

I see this playing out like Millwall in regards to tactics; however this time I am confident we will break them down.

As others have said, I think we will win it,but will be stressful throughout.I think we will nick it late with a goal by Hughesy.

Wigan is a team I for one very much overrated coming into this season, and they have really played badly this season.With that being said,they still have some decent players like McManaman who can cause us headaches if we do not stay focused.

I see this playing out like Millwall in regards to tactics; however this time I am confident we will break them down.

Callum McManaman is the one player I would genuinely have in our squad... Would be a decent addition if we did go up.

This for me is a game we must win.

M'Boro and Watford are playing each other so someone there is dropping points (hopefully they'll draw and take points off each other).

I look at our next 4 games before the international break:-

Wigan (H)- As other posters have said, Wigan have been shockingly bad this season. Looking at their forum they are completely dismayed by how they are playing and say its the worst football they have ever seen from the club. Admittedly I have only seen Wigan once this season when they played Ipswich. They were awful. I fully expect them to come here and park the bus. But I think we will win the game.

Brentford (A)- If a team wants to win this division, as we do, then this is simply a game that you win. I fully expect us to win as well. I think we'll have far to much for them.

Huddersfield (H)- Another team that will come here and park the bus. But for me this is an absolute banker.  Cannot see us drawing or losing this game.

Wolves (H)- Looks to be the toughest of our next 4 games. Wolves have had a very good start and are still flying on the crest of a wave after last season. Will be a difficult game. But again we should have too much for them. I cannot see us losing this one either. 

I cannot see us losing any of the next 4 games. For me we should be looking for 10 points from these as an absolute minimum. But wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we won all 4.

This is a real chance to really cement our place at the top of this division and put a gap between us and 3rd place. Potentially by the next international break we could have a gap of anywhere between 5-10 points from 3rd.

If thats the case, then I honestly cannot see us dropping out of the top 2 this season. 

As for Saturday, I think Eustace will come back in. McClaren didn't play him last night cos he is a booking away from suspension. So obviously wants him in for Wigan. Then its between Whitbread, Shotton and Buxton for that centre half spot. I think Whitbread will get the nod, as he gives us a bit more balance. I also think Bryson will come in for Hendrick.

Butland, Christie, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ibe, Martin

Subs- Roos, Shotton, Buxton, Hendrick, Mascarell, Calero, Best

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

This for me is a game we must win.

M'Boro and Watford are playing each other so someone there is dropping points (hopefully they'll draw and take points off each other).

I look at our next 4 games before the international break:-

Wigan (H)- As other posters have said, Wigan have been shockingly bad this season. Looking at their forum they are completely dismayed by how they are playing and say its the worst football they have ever seen from the club. Admittedly I have only seen Wigan once this season when they played Ipswich. They were awful. I fully expect them to come here and park the bus. But I think we will win the game.

Brentford (A)- If a team wants to win this division, as we do, then this is simply a game that you win. I fully expect us to win as well. I think we'll have far to much for them.

Huddersfield (H)- Another team that will come here and park the bus. But for me this is an absolute banker. Cannot see us drawing or losing this game.

Wolves (H)- Looks to be the toughest of our next 4 games. Wolves have had a very good start and are still flying on the crest of a wave after last season. Will be a difficult game. But again we should have too much for them. I cannot see us losing this one either.

I cannot see us losing any of the next 4 games. For me we should be looking for 10 points from these as an absolute minimum. But wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we won all 4.

This is a real chance to really cement our place at the top of this division and put a gap between us and 3rd place. Potentially by the next international break we could have a gap of anywhere between 5-10 points from 3rd.

If thats the case, then I honestly cannot see us dropping out of the top 2 this season.

As for Saturday, I think Eustace will come back in. McClaren didn't play him last night cos he is a booking away from suspension. So obviously wants him in for Wigan. Then its between Whitbread, Shotton and Buxton for that centre half spot. I think Whitbread will get the nod, as he gives us a bit more balance. I also think Bryson will come in for Hendrick.

Butland, Christie, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth, Eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Russell, Ibe, Martin

Subs- Roos, Shotton, Buxton, Hendrick, Mascarell, Calero, Best

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

I do like your judgement and your theory about the next four games....

Do think Wigan and Brentford games will be wins. Brentford will come running out of the blocks for this.... Just think we might pick them off.... Also think we will find it easier playing away from home this season as teams have to come out and have a go.

With regards Huddersfield.... Think they will come with some confidence, no mugs and will come for some goals... Might be quite open.

Wolves have been playing well... They can score. But they can't defend and I think this will be a very open game as there style suggests that they will attack... Which suits us. Think a high scoring game here...

Like you say I can't see us losing at the minute... Minimum I think we will take is 8 points from these four games.

2-1 Derby.

Like others have said, I can see it being a similar sort of game to the Millwall one, they'll try to stop us playing but I fancy us to overcome it and get the 3 points. No wins in 8 for them either so the're gonna have to get a result otherwise I can see it being bye-bye Rosler.

Team I expect:

Butland; Christie, Keogh, Whitbread, Forsyth; Eustace, Hughes, Bryson; Ibe, Martin, Russell.

Archived