6 clean sheets in a row

Curtains

Could you play well in them conditions.

Would you like to make your debut in that wind against a physical Blackpool side.

I want to see him in home games.

People don't want to admit he's a good player for some reason .

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/21/real-madrid-loanee-mascarell-reacts-on-twitter-to-first-derby-co/?

Who doesn't want to admit he's good?!

I've not seen a single comment against Mascarell as a player. None. Where are they??

He was decent against Blackpool. Yes it was awkward conditions. That doesn't elevate his performance to amazing

He was decent in poor conditions. What are you looking for here?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's being picky but just think where we would be if we had not drawn 3 out of our last 4 home games .

My argument is Eustace played the DM in all 4 of those home games and we won 1 and drew 3

And we would have won with Mascarell? How do you know that?

If Mascarell plays well when he gets his chances then I'll want him to play.

There's always this thing where when somebody isn't pulling up trees in the first team then people latch on to a sub or reserve that is so much better.

Like Ibe. Dawkins was getting some stick and after a brief appearance or two from Ibe he was everything that Dawkins isn't.

After a run in the team it turns out that Ibe has a few frustrating traits too. Had he not scored at Reading then I think he'd be frustrating people more.

I guess my point is, that if something is working then use it. Even if it's not the best thing you could possibly imagine. If something better comes along then use that.

Eustace works. How many games has he played under McClaren? How many has he WDL?

Mascarell did very little in his appearances before his decent performance last night.

That doesn't make him better or worse. I've always said the same thing about Mascarell. Until he shows he's better than Eustace then how can there be calls for him to play unless you've watched him play for Madrid?

I've never put Mascarell down. Just I don't call for any players to be given a go based on an assumption the grass is greener over the fence.

He looks alright. I'd like to see more of him.

. Eustace has played the DM in the last 4 home games and has been mostly withdrawn .

We have drawn 3 of those and won 1 .

We beat Rotherham with Hughes DM and then beat Fulham with Eustace DM and it was an easy 5-1 maybe we caught them at the right time.

Eustace was then the answer for most fans.

And we would have won with Mascarell? How do you know that?

I use my eyes and I see Eustace first half in games at home slowing it down and going backwards and sideways with short passes to the defenders.

Yes he does the odd good pass.

He fouls a lot and gets booked a lot.

Hes withdrawn in games at home a lot when he's knackered and then we chase games to gets draws Thats all

. Eustace has played the DM in the last 4 home games and has been mostly withdrawn .

We have drawn 3 of those and won 1 .

We beat Rotherham with Hughes DM and then beat Fulham with Eustace DM and it was an easy 5-1 maybe we caught them at the right time.

Eustace was then the answer for most fans.

So every time we win with Eustace then we're lucky?

Well I put in my Omar thread that perhaps he should get a look against Wigan,but reading your comments Alpha,Eustace does seem to be the more viable option going forward.

Alpha knows nothing lol

That's a joke before anyone thinks I'm serious if Eustace plays so be it McClaren is a good manager and we are doing great

Top of the League.

I use my eyes and I see Eustace first half in games at home slowing it down and going backwards and sideways with short passes to the defenders.

Yes he does the odd good pass.

He fouls a lot and gets booked a lot.

Hes withdrawn in games at home a lot when he's knackered and then we chase games to gets draws Thats all

I would like to see Mascarell start on Saturday.

But we're top of the league, lost once in all competitions. Unbeaten in 11? 6 clean sheets.

If McClaren sticks with Eustace then you can hardly blame him can you?

You seem to be blaming everything that we do wrong on Eustace and everything that we do right he gets no praise.

I'm always defending him here in the interest of fairness and do you know the best bit?

I don't even rate him! He's too slow.

But somehow, despite being slow and choosing to pass backwards when there are other options, he has a positive effect on the team.

I would like to see Mascarell start on Saturday.

But we're top of the league, lost once in all competitions. Unbeaten in 11? 6 clean sheets.

If McClaren sticks with Eustace then you can hardly blame him can you?

You seem to be blaming everything that we do wrong on Eustace and everything that we do right he gets no praise.

I'm always defending him here in the interest of fairness and do you know the best bit?

I don't even rate him! He's too slow.

But somehow, despite being slow and choosing to pass backwards when there are other options, he has a positive effect on the team.

You've not really answered my point about 3 draws and 1 win in last 4 home games.

What would you do to address it.

Tell me why we struggle at home and not away please I think I know the answer what's

your view

Lol.Alpha has a very intelligent football mind imo.

Ha! I wish someone would pay me for that!

Nah, we've all got opinions and none are right or wrong.

There is no right way to play football. Barcelona's right way found Mourinho's wrong way quite a formidable opponent at times. Arsenal's right way has won 1 trophy in 8 years and QPR's wrong way won them the play off final.

Everyone can be right. There's examples to prove everyone right.

I hate football too. Just addicted to it. I watch way too much of it. I read too much about it and I'm on here too much. It's sad!!

There is no right way to play football. Barcelona's right way found Mourinho's wrong way quite a formidable opponent at times. Arsenal's right way has won 1 trophy in 8 years and QPR's wrong way won them the play off final.

I hate football too. Just addicted to it. I watch way too much of it. I read too much about it and I'm on here too much. It's sad!!

You know what m8 I love football and I hate the closed season

I should just be rejoicing being top of the league and I am.

McClaren always wants to improve and he's got his mojo back at Derby and is going to get us up I hope this season .

That would be a fantastic achievement

Good stuff in the most from the Rams.

PS Always a good crack talking to you on here lol

Just going to watch Real Madrid vs Liverpool now

Yes lol me also.I even watched a Brazil second division match last week on Wiziwig lol.

You've not really answered my point about 3 draws and 1 win in last 4 home games.

What would you do to address it.

Tell me why we struggle at home and not away please I think I know the answer what's

your view

When at home teams are obliged to be positive. When they come to the iPro they know that an open game won't suit them.

You come to the iPro. You know that if Derby get the wind in their sails at home that they can hurt you. You kill the game. Take care. Maybe frustration will come through. Maybe they'll run out if ideas. A 0-0 won't hurt and as they get more desperate they'll leave more counter attacking options.

At home? It's a tough game to rise up to. With the wind in your sails and a good start you can perhaps get at Derby. Stop them in their tracks.

It's a different approach. What we have failed to do is get an early goal even though we've had the chances.

The chances have been there. We need to give teams a reason to come out a bit

Our home record still lies at 3 wins in 6 and 11 goals. Plus cup wins.

You know what m8 I love football and I hate the closed season

I should just be rejoicing being top of the league and I am.

McClaren always wants to improve and he's got his mojo back at Derby and is going to get us up I hope this season .

That would be a fantastic achievement

Good stuff in the most from the Rams.

PS Always a good crack talking to you on here lol

Just going to watch Real Madrid vs Liverpool now

Doesn't seem fair! I'm off to work!

Just remember mate, even if we disagree don't take it as I'm having a personal dig or owt.

Just differing opinions. Not personal. If I don't take myself too seriously then I hope you don't?

See loads of debates on here turn into arguments and little rivalries.

It's all ******. (Think I say that every time? Just don't want any internet feuds!!)

When at home teams are obliged to be positive. When they come to the iPro they know that an open game won't suit them.

You come to the iPro. You know that if Derby get the wind in their sails at home that they can hurt you. You kill the game. Take care. Maybe frustration will come through. Maybe they'll run out if ideas. A 0-0 won't hurt and as they get more desperate they'll leave more counter attacking options.

At home? It's a tough game to rise up to. With the wind in your sails and a good start you can perhaps get at Derby. Stop them in their tracks.

It's a different approach. What we have failed to do is get an early goal even though we've had the chances.

The chances have been there. We need to give teams a reason to come out a bit

Our home record still lies at 3 wins in 6 and 11 goals. Plus cup wins.

Spot on .

That's why I get frustrated at home because we need to go at teams more from the off instead of dilly dallying around .

Ibe is good at home for me as he gets at teams down the flank.

Anyway it's all good and I do believe Mascarell can spot a pass

Eustace does have the old head attribute and that's possibly why he has an effect on the team but it doesn't out way what you miss out on going forward wise.

In McClaren I trust though so looking forward to the Wigan game .

Should be a big crowd and good atmosphere

Spot on .

That's why I get frustrated at home because we need to go at teams more from the off instead of dilly dallying around .

Ibe is good at home for me as he gets at teams down the flank.

Anyway it's all good and I do believe Mascarell can spot a pass

Eustace does have the old head attribute and that's possibly why he has an effect on the team but it doesn't out way what you miss out on going forward wise.

In McClaren I trust though so looking forward to the Wigan game .

Should be a big crowd and good atmosphere

Hope so. Hope Mascarell plays too tbh. Try and have a bit more energy because we should be looking to really hurt these.

Hope so. Hope Mascarell plays too tbh. Try and have a bit more energy because we should be looking to really hurt these.

Agreed. I remember them away last year when Mac told them to start fast and we were 3-0 up first half. we don't seem to have managed to get the fast starts this term.

We do owe them for the niggly, snidey, ankle-tapping, wrestling style they employed under Rosler back at the i-PRO. There's 3 points to be made up relative to last year!

I can see a poor referee and some dodgy decisions incoming! Hopefully he let's some things go as they'll be looking to smash us about a bit. I hope Eustace starts as they aren't no push over and we need a bit of 'Meat' so to speak in the middle of the park as I think they'll hit us on the counter.

Archived