6 clean sheets in a row

Curtains

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eustace isn't an exciting player but he is strong, precise, plays it simple and most importantly knows his position and sticks at it. I think he has done very well at this stage of his career to play 90 mins in so many games. Course I want to see Thorne and Mascerel hopefully lifting us a level but Eustance is an asset and I has played a huge role protecting the back 4 .

Well, my forecast for the Blackpool match was 4 nil and only mildly surprised if we won 7 nil. what do I know. Grinding results is fine by me! We want to watch good football but who is going to let us play it? Almost an anti-climax to go top on a match like that but the table does not lie. last year we were trying to preserve a cushion to keep the seventh best team at bay to ensure the playoffs. Now we need a cushion to keep third placed at bay. the cushion is now three points. when Burley got away from us with five  points then beat us, we could not catch them. Time to grind out a few more before we meet Watford, Middlesbrough and Norwich then draws against them will keep them at bay. Of course wins would be better, but losing against rivals is the key, especially away from home. Cardiff are still in the hunt. A small pat on the back for Florence of Arabia who kept Watford to a point and very courteously dropped a couple themselves. COYSR

Who and where?

Not you but I don't think this was complimentary a few weeks ago Alpha by you.

Alpha you said this. ....

Like I've said a few times I'm not Eustace's biggest fan but what's the alternative? That's why he's playing. He is our second choice player in that position and we were 4th with him last season when he was first choice. Thorne opened our eyes to something entirely new. But McClaren built this style with Eustace and he's apart from Thorne i don't think he's found quite the right alternative. Mascarell will hopefully go on to be that but based on his game time so far he's just happy to build up his short pass accuracy stat and anything ambitious goes out of play.

I really hope he's great v Reading. I'd like to see someone more mobile than Eustace who can support the forwards more positively. Hope it's him. But who knows

.............."...........

My answer to that Alpha is Mascarell did a lot more than that last night and he's a very good alternative to Thorne.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/21/real-madrid-loanee-mascarell-reacts-on-twitter-to-first-derby-co/?

Can I just say, don't let the 'stats' fool you over Mascarell. I like him and I thought he was fairly neat and tidy but he wasn't amazing. Some people seem to think that he was incredible last night.

Could you play well in them conditions.

Would you like to make your debut in that wind against a physical Blackpool side.

I want to see him in home games.

People don't want to admit he's a good player for some reason .

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/21/real-madrid-loanee-mascarell-reacts-on-twitter-to-first-derby-co/?

People don't want to admit he's a good player for some reason .

I do think your looking for something that's not there Curtains.... No ones hating on Mascarell.... There just stating how well they think Eustace has been doing. And the facts are there over the great progress we've made over the last year or so. Mainly with him being in the side.

Obvious you don't agree about Eustace... And that's fair enough.

But can you see the logic that people have that we've been picking up points up with him being in the side whilst we yet to see Mascarell fully yet?

I see it as the same as when Thorne was sitting on the bench... No one was clamouring for him to start ahead of Eustace until he got suspended.

Maybe Mascarell will be the answer to our prayers. But you can't deny Eustace has played well and done a great job for us at Derby over the last year.

Would you like to make your debut in that wind against a physical Blackpool side.

People don't want to admit he's a good player for some reason .http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/10/21/real-madrid-loanee-mascarell-reacts-on-twitter-to-first-derby-co/?

I'd love him to be a good player, and I'm sure he is one. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't get carried away, he was ok in terrible conditions. He loved the cross field ball but most got intercepted.

He's only played a few games, I think people are just cautious about giving premature praise.

I do think your looking for something that's not there Curtains.... No ones hating on Mascarell.... There just stating how well they think Eustace has been doing. And the facts are there over the great progress we've made over the last year or so. Mainly with him being in the side.

Obvious you don't agree about Eustace... And that's fair enough.

But can you see the logic that people have that we've been picking up points up with him being in the side whilst we yet to see Mascarell fully yet?

I see it as the same as when Thorne was sitting on the bench... No one was clamouring for him to start ahead of Eustace until he got suspended.

Maybe Mascarell will be the answer to our prayers. But you can't deny Eustace has played well and done a great job for us at Derby over the last year.

It's being picky but just think where we would be if we had not drawn 3 out of our last 4 home games .

My argument is Eustace played the DM in all 4 of those home games and we won 1 and drew 3

Not you but I don't think this was complimentary a few weeks ago Alpha by you.

Alpha you said this. ....

Like I've said a few times I'm not Eustace's biggest fan but what's the alternative? That's why he's playing. He is our second choice player in that position and we were 4th with him last season when he was first choice. Thorne opened our eyes to something entirely new. But McClaren built this style with Eustace and he's apart from Thorne i don't think he's found quite the right alternative. Mascarell will hopefully go on to be that but based on his game time so far he's just happy to build up his short pass accuracy stat and anything ambitious goes out of play.

I really hope he's great v Reading. I'd like to see someone more mobile than Eustace who can support the forwards more positively. Hope it's him. But who knows

.............."...........

My answer to that Alpha is Mascarell did a lot more than that last night and he's a very good alternative to Thorne.

If Mascarell plays well when he gets his chances then I'll want him to play.

There's always this thing where when somebody isn't pulling up trees in the first team then people latch on to a sub or reserve that is so much better.

Like Ibe. Dawkins was getting some stick and after a brief appearance or two from Ibe he was everything that Dawkins isn't.

After a run in the team it turns out that Ibe has a few frustrating traits too. Had he not scored at Reading then I think he'd be frustrating people more.

I guess my point is, that if something is working then use it. Even if it's not the best thing you could possibly imagine. If something better comes along then use that.

Eustace works. How many games has he played under McClaren? How many has he WDL?

Mascarell did very little in his appearances before his decent performance last night.

That doesn't make him better or worse. I've always said the same thing about Mascarell. Until he shows he's better than Eustace then how can there be calls for him to play unless you've watched him play for Madrid?

I've never put Mascarell down. Just I don't call for any players to be given a go based on an assumption the grass is greener over the fence.

He looks alright. I'd like to see more of him.

Im not taking anything away from Mascarell, but id play Eustace over him for the games which count at the moment. This could change, but i think Eustace has been solid this season, and will continue to have a big role until Thorne is able to come in again. Omar will still have a role, to work his way into the team and find his feet.

Archived