Top of the league

Duracell

Thorne/Hughes/Hendrick/Keogh/Martin/Grant/Christe - Prem. Thats the spine of the team.

Would need new wingers and a German CB.

The rest can fill in.

Buckstein

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news:

In 8 of the last 10 seasons, the team that's been top after 13 games has won automatic promotion.

The bad news:

In 9 of those seasons, the team that's been top after 13 games had more points than we do at the moment.

I'd still say that's pretty good news.

The good news:

In 8 of the last 10 seasons, the team that's been top after 13 games has won automatic promotion.

The bad news:

In 9 of those seasons, the team that's been top after 13 games had more points than we do at the moment.

I'd still say that's pretty good news.

Id hazzard a guess QPR are one of the 2 who DIDNT win aiutomatic promotion,.

Id also hazzarsd a guess they had more points than us at this point. Like 10 wins out of 13 for example

Id hazzard a guess QPR are one of the 2 who DIDNT win aiutomatic promotion,.

Id also hazzarsd a guess they had more points than us at this point. Like 10 wins out of 13 for example

Despite having 28 points, QPR were third at this stage last season with Burnley (32pts) and Leicester (29) the top two. For the last 6 seasons the team top right now has gone up automatically. In 2007-08 Watford (32pts) fell away and Cardiff (29) did the same the season before. Prior to that, normal service was resumed.

The only season where we beat the point count is 2009-10 when WBA and Newcastle both had 24 points, but they still both went up in the automatic places.

Thoe the last few days I have been excited I guess I better come back down to earth. I think this squad has learnt together and have a good team spirit and all want to win together. Even if teams defend for there life most of the time we'll end up winning.

I think we'll win the league. We must pick up points from Norwich and teams around us (Or below us so to speak).

We could also do a Blackpool of last season or a Forest of this season. It's a long long season but out of everyone I would want Mclaren in this position. He did wonders at Boro and won the title at Holland. So he knows what he's doing so I'm filled with confidence come the next few months.

So you would say during Thorne's time here he was nowhere near as good as Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Grant and Bryson? 

I will admit Thorne's impact here can't compete with their impact over the whole season, but when he was here there was no one close to him IMO. 

I can only agree to disagree. 

I would say that if a bloke has played a handful of games in a very good team, that had pretty much already got the play offs sewn up that no, he wasn't as good as Hughes, Hendrick, Martin, Grant and even Bryson....all of who were instrumental in getting us into the position we were at.

Put it like this, if you had said that we would lose one of them to a season long injury at the start of this season, I would have picked Thorne for sure.

I'd have to agree with Ambitious on this one. Thorne when fit is the best player in this division. He does the job of Eustace AND Hughes in one player, it's crazy. 

I'd have to agree with Ambitious on this one. Thorne when fit is the best player in this division. He does the job of Eustace AND Hughes in one player, it's crazy. 

and you know this by seeing him play a dozen times.....?

he is a good player, but nowhere near as good as Hughes and not as important as Martin.

and you know this by seeing him play a dozen times.....?

he is a good player, but nowhere near as good as Hughes and not as important as Martin.

Importance is different to how good someone is. Eustace is more important to Bryson/Hughes in our formation but not a patch on them for ability. Honestly? yeah, In a dozen games I say enough talent to suggest that, in fact it was more the consistency of his performances too. He never didn't control the games he was playing in. 

Archived