Unbeaten Run

Bris Vegas

Did anyone else know that if we avoid defeat at Blackpool it will be our longest unbeaten league run since 1995/6??

We managed nine league games unbeaten under Billy Davies, and also nine unbeaten under George Burley and nine last season until Wigan beat us 0-1 at home.

We're currently nine unbeaten (11 if you count the cup) and the chance to reach double figures for the first time since 1995/6 is against arguably the worst side we will have faced since then.

Watch us feck it up!

Anyway... How do you rate unbeaten runs? Me personally I care more about wins so would much rather four wins and one loss rather than three wins and two draws.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should easily beat Blackpool if we play the way I know we can.As far as the unbeaten run goes I am very content with our form during that time.Second in the table and in great shape.The more I look at other teams statistics,form, whatever I am more convinced than ever we are best team in this league easily.Unbeaten runs to me are more meaningful if some good points are gotten from them,and I think we have done fine in that regard.

We did not play all that well against Reading, and still won 3-0.Imo teams should be scared to play us and that is definitely a new feeling compared to season's past.

I have not been a fan as basically every other member on here,but I have been one long enough to see how special this team really is.If we play as we can,this unbeaten run will keep going and going.Will it eventually end? Of course.But right now I feel great with the points we have gotten. It is a great time to be a Ram.

COYR!

Didn't you just read what Bris said??

He's never wrong - he sausages stats for breakfast

What a coincidence - I just had sausages for breakfast.

And egg, mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and bacon.

Mmmmm, Blackpool B&B brekky FTW.

I cannot see us losing before Xmas. Watford away being the real test. There are some nice little point droppers coming up for our main rivals having to play each other. When Stimac came, McClaren told him that we could not lose more that six more games. Stimac asked how we were going to lose six games. It was not in his thinking and it is not in McClaren's either. McClaren knows that we are going to walk this league. If we know it, how could he not know it. The nearest he has gone to spelling it out to everyone is when he said,"We are only going to get better and stronger". We are already strong enough and good enough to win it. The directors can smell the

I cannot see us losing before Xmas. Watford away being the real test. There are some nice little point droppers coming up for our main rivals having to play each other. When Stimac came, McClaren told him that we could not lose more that six more games. Stimac asked how we were going to lose six games. It was not in his thinking and it is not in McClaren's either. McClaren knows that we are going to walk this league. If we know it, how could he not know it. The nearest he has gone to spelling it out to everyone is when he said,"We are only going to get better and stronger". We are already strong enough and good enough to win it. The directors can smell the

Being unbeaten for long spells is really important. Here's the final table for last season: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2013-2014/true-table/full

The thing that stands out to me is that the top two lost half the games we did, and that was ultimately the difference. Very pleased to see Charlton and the gumps lose over the weekend meaning no one has lost fewer games; very keen to take this run into double figures. That said, Blackpool will not be easy, but I don't believe for a minute we'll be complacent. This is a chance to go top of the league for the first time under McClaren. Are we ready? Do we want it? Those will be the questions the coaching staff are asking the players.

Can't ban Bris now after all he's been through on here to gain acceptance, he should be a role model for rammyboy and adamrusty

Ah, the days when everybody hated on Bris because of his insistence that Clough was a bad manager. As a new member back then, I was quickly made aware that "Clough out" was not appropriate unless said in a sarcastic manner. We've come a long way since then.

Memories, memories...

Sorry, but you can't get rid of me that easily.

Crazy how we've yet to reach double figures unbeaten this side of the millennium. Even Forest have managed that and they're a bunch of donkeys.

Was it 10 0-0 draws?

Archived