Medi Abalimba cost

Ram@Lincoln

1.2 million for Abalimba sounds very suspicious for a number of reasons;

-It's relatively easy for bigger clubs to swipe players from lower league youth systems. You don't often hear of a league 2 club netting big money for a player who hasn't even proved himself at that level.

-He's not a Clough type signing. Small, foreign, not Scottish, expensive, a bit flash.

-If you'd laid out over 1 million for a youth player wouldn't you persist with him for more than 2 seasons before letting him go for nothing?

-The newspaper articles can't even agree on the guy's age. Why are we so certain that they're bang on with the transfer fee?

-Any transfer fee for players this young are likely to be based on numerous conditions. Even if we accept that the papers haven't just pulled 1.2 million out of their arses, it would be likely that 1.2 million would have been the fee had Abalimba gone on to play x number of games for the first team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ths transfer bugs me where are the facts 1 derby telegraph 2 radio derby 3 accounts can nobody on here

nail it,ramblur closes i can find does not show on accounts.i have followed derby since 1967 and know

nothing of this transfer,and when derby sign a million plus player its big news.this player has never been

mentioned before the court case.needs clearing up

ths transfer bugs me where are the facts 1 derby telegraph 2 radio derby 3 accounts can nobody on here

nail it,ramblur closes i can find does not show on accounts.i have followed derby since 1967 and know

nothing of this transfer,and when derby sign a million plus player its big news.this player has never been

mentioned before the court case.needs clearing up

He was mentioned plenty of times, we were signing a wonderkid who had trials with Liverpool and Manchester United. 

http://origin-www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1762260,00.html

First bit of transfer fee news I can find is this from his time at Corby Town.

"He

I trust ramblurs use of the accounts to be enough to say that we did not pay thst much for him. People need to get real if it was even possible the account scrutuneeering on here at that time would have highlighted it, we were arguing constantly about bet spend and stuff

Thanks for that,and yes,I would have looked at it in 09/10. The

thanks ram@ lincoln aug 2009 we signed a youngster medi abalimba from southend to play and develop in the

reserves i can understand now why it could pass under the radar and the fee big ??.and thanks ramblur for

your input.

No problems,trevor.Meant to reply earlier,as I do remember the player in question,but only as a small fee signing for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived