Refereeing Decision Explained, possibly.

sage

Is that what he said?

They had 1 chance in 65(?) minutes and most their football was played between 2 cb's. And he'd rather Camp stay on and it be 1-0.

I know he talks nice and look friendly but he's a bit of a knob imo. His Burnley side put on the worst play acting performance I've ever seen in person. Last year he had the cheek to moan we had a soft free kick. Now he's moaning that his team wanted to be 1-0 down.

I know on Brighton's forum they had a whole thread on him. About how he plays pretty neat football and talks politely. But his football can be extremely cynical and his words are often at odds with the friendly way he puts them across.

I don't like the guy.

Bit like Chris Martin. Sound if he's on your side.

You obviously missed last seasons game against Millwall then.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's the late hour,but I'm confused by your point/view.

The ref had Ward and two adjacent defenders plus a midfield player between him and the handball.

He was in such a poor position I'm not convinced he would have been sure Camp was out of his area without the linesman's help.

I guess I meant anything was possible with the ref !

He should have seen, or predicted what was going  to happen - he knew Camp was hurtling outside his box ...that was the one obvious fact

I thought on reflection more than likely he went to give foul against Ward, saw all players + whole ground knew a fair goal had been scored, and only on discussion with linesman and with after thought he changed from free kick to Bournemouth ( and pointing towards the South Stand ) to foul to Derby

It is actually the only reason he would have blown so quickly - he was awarding free kick Bournemouth's favour.

Confusing thing is if he blew for foul on Ward he would have seen the collision .....or possibly just the last part where Ward turning his back was a cheeky attempt to leave a mark on Camp

Having blown so early he prevented himself from being able to give the goal.....in the day of advantage rule  ( which is generally very well used and accepted by fans ) he should have taken time to blow and reach a decision...

If he had decided to send Camp off he would surely have done so immediately ... he had not given the goal ....he had blown early, so he had to quickly decide who the free kick was to be awarded to.

He took his time deciding even that ......hence he was most likely changing his mind

And reading that he apologised to players ....he at least knows he got it horribly wrong by blowing too early.  But most fascinated that he possibly changed his minds as to which way to give the free kick

to have disallowed goal and given them a free kick would have been incredible ...but actually nearly happened I feel

To be fair to this ref, he found himself in the midst of a very grey area, with 27,000 fans on his back.

Funny thing was my mate tried to tell me that he'd sent Lee Camp off with a straight red for "denying a clear-goal scoring opportunity"....erm he didn't exactly DENY the opportunity did he? The daddy's boy tw@t couldn't even get that right!

Saw him outside the ground and asked him and he said he blew to early and should've played advantage

Then why did he point to the halfway line? From what you've said, he must have blown for a foul, then give the goal, then realised what he'd done and gave the free kick. Buffoon.

Then why did he point to the halfway line? From what you've said, he must have blown for a foul, then give the goal, then realised what he'd done and gave the free kick. Buffoon.

Yes...i reckon thats it.

Blew for a foul freekick to derby.

Then tried to allow the goal

Then bournemouth kick up a fuss because he'd blown

Then gives the free kick afterall

Right.

I've just watched the extended highlights on Ramsplayer. With headphones on also, and you can't hear the ref blow a whistle. All you see is him being quite far behind play and when the ball goes into the net he curved his run slightly away from the goal towards the east stand with his right arm stretched out towards the half way line. (Goal signalled)

He then disappears out of view and the next frame is a close up if the group when he red cards Camp.

From this I deduce that the ******* in the black don't know what he's doing, and further more, we always get ***** refs.

Thread closed.

Sorry Boycie, I'm calling foul.

From the highlights it's obvious the ref originally (wrongly IMO) gave a free kick to Bournecalona as his right hand is pointing at where the incident took place and his left hand is pointing up in the direction of the Derby goal.

Hence no advantage given to the attacking side.

Then a kafuffle ensues and he consults his Lino who tells him that Camp handled the ball as he came out before the foul was committed by Ward, so the deliberate handball was penalised with a direct free kick and a sending off of the perpetrator.

Once again, no advantage was played to the attacking side as that would have resulted in a free kick to Boringmuch.

Linesman didn't do anything or consult the ref as we were behind him so cant see it was anything to do with him.

Two linesmen .....I assume you were in main stand ........I was certain he consulted linesman by east stand ..is why took him so long to clarify what he was making up lol..land it is from people watching replays that shows it was the linesman who saved the day and prevented Attwell from being able to ref us again ...as probably only one ref can be prevented from being in charge after committing serious cock ups

I work with an ex ref who I showed the incident to. His view was that you don't know what the ref is thinking when pointing upfield, therefore his interpretation is that he has given the foul against Ward for clattering Camp after being beaten to the ball in the first instance, hence pointing upfield, then has had a word in his ear from the linesman or fourth official saying that Camp actually handled the ball, therefore reversing his earlier decision.

So it was a case of never allowing a goal, but reversing the free kick from Bournemouth to a free kick to Derby and sending off Camp for deliberate hand ball.

Archived