If the season could finish tomorrow, would you take it?

Bris Vegas

Simple question, if you could choose to finish the season tomorrow, would you?

Means a two-legged playoff match against Ipswich and a possible final againt Charlton or Watford.

Or would you reject - still harboring hopes of a top two finish?

Personally I'd decline, even with a weakish looking playoff opponents. Top two is such a realistic target this season IMO.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question.

I'd decline simply because we're playing great stuff and if the season would end now it would be one looooong boring pre-season. We'd go up either way.

Smart-arse... I wasn't saying it like literally ending tomorrow, more that the league table is the same in May.

On a side note, I really wouldn't care if we finished 25 points behind a record breaking Forest as long as we finish in the top two. 

Forest's style has its limits in the PL, whereas ours has much more potential, therefore I'd take second spot all day long as it winning the Championship won't count for much when the PL season starts the following season - ask Cardiff fans!

I'll be disappointed if we don't finish on at least 80 points and I fully expect us to.

Good question.

I'd decline simply because we're playing great stuff and if the season would end now it would be one looooong boring pre-season. We'd go up either way.

Obviously we'll have to settle for second at best, if Bournemouth continue to outplay us.

No way would I settle, firstly I think we've got a decent shot at challenging for auto's, second wherever we finish, I'm going to enjoy the football and enjoy the season unfolding.

Nah, think we'll win the league.

Never want a play off game again. Not from the Championship. Too much at stake.

...and certainly not from any other league!

With those other teams in the play offs I'd take it I reckon.

Watford would be the only half decent one.

Should be able to beat Ipswich comfortably over 2 legs.

Haven't beaten Ipswich the last 4 times we have played them EKR. Let's go for the big prize. I WANT US TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Archived