At least admit to it

Duracell

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll admit to going totally mental yesterday when folks starting doing it. Calling folks c*nts and just generally having a massive rant. Got me a few looks in the South East corner (probably the worst stand at Pride Park - at least the West stand knows it's for moaning old gits and the North knows it's for family's, but here you're just surrounded by d*ckheads, tactical geniuses, balding middle aged men and teenage slags who all seem to have an air of imagined superiority and smugness about themselves).

The torch thing is just the latest in a very long line of small time, tinpot, embarrassing, cringeworthy things that fans of this club have done in recent years.

For mobile phone lights, read: T-shirts thrown on the pitch, "the Poznan", Mexican waves, Nigel give us a wave, lets pretend we scored a goal, barmy army *clap clap* barmy army *clap clap*, the Derbyshire is a football town Nottingham isn't banner, copying chants from Crystal Palace the game after we played them, actually wearing the ram masks vs Forest, not giving a **** that we still have goal music, going in the designated singing stand and sitting down just because it's cheaper, nicking a host of chants off Man Utd, last night with pretty much the only singing being about Forest and Leeds with a few Since I was youngs thrown in, responders to fan cam, half and half scarf wearers...

I think our support is sometimes fantastic - Brum and Doncaster away last season, West Ham and Leeds at home around Christmas and New Year a few seasons back are up there with anything any team in this country could come up with but my word it's mostly utterly ****.

Yes this is a moan and probably seems much ado about nothing, but it p*sses me off some of the stuff our fans latch on to.

Spot on Joe....

Im not suggesting you're angry Duracell but South Stand started singing you can stick you're 'kin torches up your ar5e and someone - I think it was on twitter - called them w anchors - they're probably just kids fgs.  I was just a bit suprised by all the hassle it caused.

Stupid c*nting mobile phone flash thing is so small time and lame. W*nkers the lot of you.

Charming.

I meant to take my mag lite torch but i forgot.

Got me a few looks in the South East corner probably the worst stand at Pride Park - here you're just surrounded by d*ckheads, tactical geniuses, balding middle aged men and teenage slags who all seem to have an air of imagined superiority and smugness about themselves.

Sounds alright.....might have to try it if only for a butchers at the slags.

(Altho I thought the SE corner was away fans?)

I'll admit to going totally mental yesterday when folks starting doing it. Calling folks c*nts and just generally having a massive rant. Got me a few looks in the South East corner (probably the worst stand at Pride Park - at least the West stand knows it's for moaning old gits and the North knows it's for family's, but here you're just surrounded by d*ckheads, tactical geniuses, balding middle aged men and teenage slags who all seem to have an air of imagined superiority and smugness about themselves).

The torch thing is just the latest in a very long line of small time, tinpot, embarrassing, cringeworthy things that fans of this club have done in recent years.

For mobile phone lights, read: T-shirts thrown on the pitch, "the Poznan", Mexican waves, Nigel give us a wave, lets pretend we scored a goal, barmy army *clap clap* barmy army *clap clap*, the Derbyshire is a football town Nottingham isn't banner, copying chants from Crystal Palace the game after we played them, actually wearing the ram masks vs Forest, not giving a **** that we still have goal music, going in the designated singing stand and sitting down just because it's cheaper, nicking a host of chants off Man Utd, last night with pretty much the only singing being about Forest and Leeds with a few Since I was youngs thrown in, responders to fan cam, half and half scarf wearers...

I think our support is sometimes fantastic - Brum and Doncaster away last season, West Ham and Leeds at home around Christmas and New Year a few seasons back are up there with anything any team in this country could come up with but my word it's mostly utterly ****.

Yes this is a moan and probably seems much ado about nothing, but it p*sses me off some of the stuff our fans latch on to.

Beautiful post.

You do realise this is 99% of clubs up and down the country. Just be glad 26000 fans turn up to our games on a Tuesday night.

I don't get this, I really don't. Are fans of other clubs like this? Hating this, hating that. What difference does it make if people are doing something you don't like?!?

There is a flag in the south west corner that says " we are all Derby aren't we". Very apt. I'm not bothered what people are doing as long as they are there supporting the club. 

As said above..........enjoy these times.

Don't be shy, tell us what you really think.

Great post BTW.

Archived