On Chris Martin

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the 2011/ 2012 season when he came on loan, and lots of people knocked him for being fat etc,which he seemed to be... but, i said that i thought he had technique, vision, and guile (you can check) he's added goals to that, and for me, he's our most important player at the moment, and the thought of him being injured for any length of time fills me with dread, because Beast is total sausage,the absolute opposite of Martin, and if he scores this year i will be amazed, and considering Mac's signings to date, Beast is his worst, and its for a season :angry:

Please Chris, dont get injured...

These three he's not as good at. Were you honestly confident he'd put the penalty away tonight? I know I wasn't. Like he has everything else he could improve, though. It feels like the sky's the limit for him. What he does have over Lambert, however, is youth. Lambert was a late bloomer but Martin should have at least seven more years at a high level as he's not reliant on pace.

Last night's penalty looked perfect - high and smashed into the net leaving the keeper no chance.

Last night's penalty looked perfect - high and smashed into the net leaving the keeper no chance.

Best I have seen in a long time...and as I was sat right behind goal at front made it all the sweeter ....despite initial panic as goalie guessed right and flung himself that side as kick was taken.

Excellent opening post / analysis. When a striker consistently gets to the 1 in 2 goals per game ratio then he steps in to the hero rankings and Chris has done this. It is one of the truest marks of a star centre forward. .. The only thing he lacks is that first half yard of explosive pace, he gets round this by reading the game. I'd even suggest there's a bit of Teddy Sherringham about him the way he strolls around.  I don't think there is a better all round striker in this league.

Archived