Derby County's September Review + MOTM

Ambitious

Derby County's Player of the Month in September  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I guess a month on from our slow, but steady, August start to the season we were all hoping for a month like the one we've just had even if the results at times haven't reflected the performance, i.e. Cardiff. 

Nevertheless, I think we've shown this month the standards we set last season and have put ourselves in a great position - 4th - with ten games of the season gone. I doubt anyone can say we're not in the thick of the title race this season and the play-off hangover has surely been erased from everyone's mind. 

As per last month, this is the space for you to look back on last month's hard work and put into words who you think has done well and who should be crowned September's Player of the Month. After all, it should be a lot closer than last month as Cyrus Christie ran away with it. 

I have put all the reasonable names in the poll and we'll review the winner in 15 days time. 

For me, personally, I think it's a close one between Christie (once again), Keogh and Hughes. However, I have to give my vote to Hughes - who I expect to win it - as he has been outstanding in the last month and really controlled games. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be Hughes, finally assumed the role of running the midfield in the Forest game and hasnt stopped since.

Two goals in five aint shabby either

Honourable mentions; Christie continues to make me forget about Wisdom, Martin getting back in the goals, Ward started the month well but drifted towards the end, Bryson seems to be back to his level last season and Keogh had an incredibly good month never looking out of place and made a fantastic tackle in the Cardiff game.

Hughes  no question since moving from CDM which is not his position,,,(take note steve) he has been head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Not just about the individual players this month though, I like many others at the start of the month looked at the fixtures we had and thought how difficult they would be. but derby have shown to me that they have progressed as a team learnt how to grind out results and found ways to get that all important winner.

They remind me of Leicester last season at the minute, Steve Mc making them stay on the pitch at Wembley to watch QPR celebrate was the best thing that could of happened to the players.

Lets roll on to October and be in the top two after Saturdays game against Millwall.

Hughes without a doubt. Take him out of our recent performamces and we'd have been far less threatening. He's playing out of his skin atthe moment and seems to have added a bit of bite and attack to his game. No doubt he'll be in an England shirt one day.

Hughes is on fire, but I went for Christie on his consistency. 

Special mention: Keogh. After all that nonsense about Wembley hangover, he's been on top of his game. Plus the signing of a new contract.

I agree Keogh's performances deserve to be highlighted, especially given some of the negitivity he recieved on here when everyone thought he wouldn't sign a new contract. He's shown at times just how good a defender he is.

Hughes is becoming the playing I knew he could be when he made his home league debut against Peterborough. He'd be my man of the match in every game he's played in since the Forest game.

What's incredible is that if anything, Christie's improved further still this month - two of his runs last night were insane. It's just the rest of the team has caught up with his level, and Hughes has overtaken it.

And Chris Martin deserves a mention. Only injury will prevent him from beating last season's total.

Archived