Hughes value

Jayweb95

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the most annoying post I ever saw on here. First, how do you know the club never received any offers? You mean, none that YOU KNOW OF. Paper driven speculation? How do you you know? Only Rush and McClaren can really tell us the answer to that, and even then we don't know for sure if they are trying to generate demand or play down demand. 

The rest of this is just silly. Ask anyone who supports a Premier League team and knows nothing or very little of the championship who Derby County's best player is ... paper driven or not, he's the supreme prize asset of Derby County. I suppose you think MESSI is too lightweight for La Liga? Is Ozil too lightweight for the Premier League? Sterling? Oscar? Mata? Give me a break. And he's tougher than all those I just listed.

And if we get to the Premier League, one group will carry us there, and one group will keep us there - yep ... the midfield, and that will be BRYSON, HUGHES, HENDRICK and THORNE. Time and again other managers have called it the best midfield in the Championship. 

I disagree with everything you said here. Weak weak weak. 

McClaren actually stated that the clubs has yet to receive any offers. You should keep up with the news.

So it was as I said...paper driven speculation. 

Messi, Ozil, Sterling, Oscar and the like don't fall over like Hughes does. You watch him. He does spend a lot of the time on the floor. 

Other managers have said we have the best midfield and we do. I never said we didn't. Collectively it is the best.

Ironically, it is not the best when you play all the players you listed together. McClaren tried it and we looked disjointed. 

The supreme, prized asset of Derby County? That's just paper talk and is largely to do with his potential. If Hendrick had been fit and Hughes form was the same as it has been for most of the last 40 games, he wouldn't have got into the side. Indeed McClaren dropped the player preferring to play Hendrick and Bryson until Hendrick got injured.

I rate Hughes very highly. I just don't see him as a 20M player like some do on here. He's good but he doesn't get me on the edge of my seat as some players do. He has his occasional moments. 

McClaren actually stated that the clubs has yet to receive any offers. You should keep up with the news.

Messi, Ozil, Sterling, Oscar and the like don't fall over like Hughes does. You watch him. He does spend a lot of the time on the floor. 

Other managers have said we have the best midfield and we do. I never said we didn't. Collectively it is the best.

Ironically, it is not the best when you play all the players you listed together. McClaren tried it and we looked disjointed. 

The supreme, prized asset of Derby County? That's just paper talk and is largely to do with his potential. If Hendrick had been fit and Hughes form was the same as it has been for most of the last 40 games, he wouldn't have got into the side. Indeed McClaren dropped the player preferring to play Hendrick and Bryson until Hendrick got injured.

I rate Hughes very highly. I just don't see him as a 20M player like some do on here. He's good but he doesn't get me on the edge of my seat as some players do. He has his occasional moments. 

Their respective leagues are far less physical than the Championship. He doesn't fall around as much for the u21/u19s, you watch.

Even so, those players all fall over far too much. Ozil frustrates me the most of those.

Their respective leagues are far less physical than the Championship. He doesn't fall around as much for the u21/u19s, you watch.

Even so, those players all fall over far too much. Ozil frustrates me the most of those.

The modern day footballer it seems!

I aplaud it when we are winning and killing the game.

Infact i aplaud it in general.

But seriously how can you not be frustrated at our ability to pin them back for almost an entire match yet not make a single through ball, no cross with a forward or midfielder gambling on a run. Or even somone in a central area turning to shoot or selling a defender a dummy to shoot.

Only Forsyth and Christie take their men on.

And they are the full backs!!!!!!

I heard a guy at half time say to his mate "McClaren must be telling them not to shoot" and I agreed with him it seems like that sometimes.

Bournemouth are a good side,with a very good manager

As last seasons 2 x 1-0 wins shows,it was always going to be a hard game

They came to stop us playing,but as per usual these days,we grind teams down,and get a result

hes starting to look better now.

Thank god he finally shot at goal when Martin put it back to him.

I was starting to think no one was going to have a go at goal all night.

Anyone else get really frustrated at rhe current Derby teams lack of shots, crosses, and general taking on of players.

When we have 6 Central midfielders in a team that are goal shy, it aint half boring.

Give me direct play, wingers who can cross and forwards who can get get some service any day of the week!

I think we did delay a bit but they sat pretty deep and were well organised. Can see how they would have frustrated Norwich etc. Just made up that we managed to gain a couple of points against top 6 challengers.

The way the market seems to be at the minute you almost have to double there original value if there young and English. It's just nice though seeing us have capital in the team... We have the foundation of a premiership club, I can only see us doing a Southampton.. Mid table first few seasons then offloading players like shaw(Hughes) possibly calero if he lives up to the hype.. And god knows who else. Regardless of values and what not you have to be happy being a derby fan atm.

I had an old guy screaming at us to get forward after we had just scored !!  Clueless

You could see how Bournemouth's adept young manager still was insisting his Team sat in two banks of 4 ...literally.

That made our passing simple, and for two minutes we had no need to venture out of our half and we did n't

it was pure shadenfreuden .......Bournemouth eventually and nervously edged forwards.  That gave us chances we did butcher on 2 or 3 occasions ......Best trying to dribble at pace when through, Best not laying ball off to clean through players ...and JR running across pitch only to play ball to their full back .....

hes starting to look better now.

Thank god he finally shot at goal when Martin put it back to him.

I was starting to think no one was going to have a go at goal all night.

Anyone else get really frustrated at rhe current Derby teams lack of shots, crosses, and general taking on of players.

When we have 6 Central midfielders in a team that are goal shy, it aint half boring.

Give me direct play, wingers who can cross and forwards who can get get some service any day of the week!

Sarcasm rules.

I assume that it is sarcasm, but it could be insanity.

One point behind top and we are easy to defend against.

Jesus Christ people. English culture at its finest....let's knock and not give praise.

Not only that, but we are the second-highest goalscorers in the league, with just one fewer than Norwich.

Obviously REALLY easy to defend against.

Hughes has totally dominated three out of the last four games - and he has done that by being the person who is always available for the ball, and always seems to make the right decision regarding what to do with it. When he plays a first-time ball to a team-mate, it is usually perfect - not only is it accurate, it invariably gets to the receiving player in such a manner that

a) he can collect it in his stride

b) it is in the position which makes it easier for the receiving player to retain possession.

At this level (Championship), I have never seen such a player.

Hendrick is not a like-for-like replacement. He is all athleticism and fire. He drives past players - Hughes ghosts past them. A team without Hughes is not necessarily going to produce worse results - but it cannot play in exactly the same way either. A team without Hughes would probably need Mascarell.

Claude Davies used to get me on the edge of my seat.

I aplaud it when we are winning and killing the game.

Infact i aplaud it in general.

But seriously how can you not be frustrated at our ability to pin them back for almost an entire match yet not make a single through ball, no cross with a forward or midfielder gambling on a run. Or even somone in a central area turning to shoot or selling a defender a dummy to shoot.

Only Forsyth and Christie take their men on.

And they are the full backs!!!!!!

I heard a guy at half time say to his mate "McClaren must be telling them not to shoot" and I agreed with him it seems like that sometimes.

TBF i haven't seen many through balls this year, it was Thorne/Hughes that used to do it a fair bit towards the end of last season. Then again teams are sitting deeper against us now so that kind of makes it a little more difficult. Agree we need to shoot more.

Hughes has totally dominated three out of the last four games - and he has done that by being the person who is always available for the ball, and always seems to make the right decision regarding what to do with it. When he plays a first-time ball to a team-mate, it is usually perfect - not only is it accurate, it invariably gets to the receiving player in such a manner that

a) he can collect it in his stride

b) it is in the position which makes it easier for the receiving player to retain possession.

At this level (Championship), I have never seen such a player.

Hendrick is not a like-for-like replacement. He is all athleticism and fire. He drives past players - Hughes ghosts past them. A team without Hughes is not necessarily going to produce worse results - but it cannot play in exactly the same way either. A team without Hughes would probably need Mascarell.

Totally dominated? Really?

Can you hand on heart say that?

Yes, his performances have been better but it is so typcial of the drivel I read on here to suggest he has dominated.

I thought Zaha was a more effective player at this level. He was a match winner. A player that could take the ball, dribble past many and score goals.

Will Hughes has not really stepped it up a gear since 2~3 seasons ago hence the reason why he is no longer first choice in the U21 set up or even at Derby when everyone is fully fit.

And as for Mascarell. Are you also one of these on the Mascarell bandwagon. Oh...we must play this guy because he is so good! Eustace is doing one hell of a job for the club and he is one of the reasons for Hughes upturn in form. He does the spade work.

I would suggest if you have never seen such a player as Will Hughes in the Championship then you have lived a sheltered life in terms of your football.

Totally dominated? Really?

Can you hand on heart say that?

Yes, his performances have been better but it is so typcial of the drivel I read on here to suggest he has dominated.

I thought Zaha was a more effective player at this level. He was a match winner. A player that could take the ball, dribble past many and score goals.

Will Hughes has not really stepped it up a gear since 2~3 seasons ago hence the reason why he is no longer first choice in the U21 set up or even at Derby when everyone is fully fit.

And as for Mascarell. Are you also one of these on the Mascarell bandwagon. Oh...we must play this guy because he is so good! Eustace is doing one hell of a job for the club and he is one of the reasons for Hughes upturn in form. He does the spade work.

I would suggest if you have never seen such a player as Will Hughes in the Championship then you have lived a sheltered life in terms of your football.

Oh, feck off with the bloody insults, McSilks.

I gave a civil reply - something you are incapable of doing. 

It's sometimes hard to comment objectively on players you see week in week out. You get used to a very good player so much that very good becomes the average fare you see every week. However, listen to what opposition fans are saying about our players. They are usually massively impressed with Hughes.

Archived