Hughes value

Jayweb95

He's definitely the gem in the championship and feel he's someone who derby wouldn't be able to replace, but just out of curiosity how much do you think it would cost to prior him away.. With young English talent like shaw going for 30+ mil and sterling being liked to Madrid for crazy money id say he's already worth 10-20 mil.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes starting to look better now.

Thank god he finally shot at goal when Martin put it back to him.

I was starting to think no one was going to have a go at goal all night.

Anyone else get really frustrated at rhe current Derby teams lack of shots, crosses, and general taking on of players.

When we have 6 Central midfielders in a team that are goal shy, it aint half boring.

Give me direct play, wingers who can cross and forwards who can get get some service any day of the week!

hes starting to look better now.

Thank god he finally shot at goal when Martin put it back to him.

I was starting to think no one was going to have a go at goal all night.

Anyone else get really frustrated at rhe current Derby teams lack of shots, crosses, and general taking on of players.

When we have 6 Central midfielders in a team that are goal shy, it aint half boring.

Give me direct play, wingers who can cross and forwards who can get get some service any day of the week!

Mate Bournemouth defended really well.

You remind me of the guy behind me who was shouting for Eustace to shoot from 40 yards, exasperated at every possession-keeping pass.

I aplaud it when we are winning and killing the game.

Infact i aplaud it in general.

But seriously how can you not be frustrated at our ability to pin them back for almost an entire match yet not make a single through ball, no cross with a forward or midfielder gambling on a run. Or even somone in a central area turning to shoot or selling a defender a dummy to shoot.

Only Forsyth and Christie take their men on.

And they are the full backs!!!!!!

I heard a guy at half time say to his mate "McClaren must be telling them not to shoot" and I agreed with him it seems like that sometimes.

By the standards he set two seasons ago, Hughes was for the large part fairly anonymous last season and his form was very average. The club didn't receive a single offer for the player and any transfer talk was paper driven speculation.

This season he was again poor for the first 5~6 games but does appear to have turned a corner and his form appears to be returning. 

I don't think there are any clubs who would bid more than 5~6M for Hughes. I think his value has actually decreased since two seasons ago. 

We have a good midfield but that is all it is. It is a good midfield in a poor league. It would be a very average midfield if we were to use it in a higher league.

Hughes IMO would be far too lightweight for the Premiership and it is for that reason that none of the clubs in the upper tier have expressed an interest.

The way we play, the lack of speed in our attacks means we are EASY to defend against.

Just ask charlton and reading in the cup.

Rotherham, Cardiff, Ipswich, and now Bournemouth.

Surely this is a WUM? How many of those kept a clean sheet against us?

We're playing attractive possession football and I am thoroughly happy with that. I dread to think why anyone would actually prefer us to play percentage football.

By the standards he set two seasons ago, Hughes was for the large part fairly anonymous last season and his form was very average. The club didn't receive a single offer for the player and any transfer talk was paper driven speculation.

This season he was again poor for the first 5~6 games but does appear to have turned a corner and his form appears to be returning. 

I don't think there are any clubs who would bid more than 5~6M for Hughes. I think his value has actually decreased since two seasons ago. 

We have a good midfield but that is all it is. It is a good midfield in a poor league. It would be a very average midfield if we were to use it in a higher league.

Hughes IMO would be far too lightweight for the Premiership and it is for that reason that none of the clubs in the upper tier have expressed an interest.

This is the most annoying post I ever saw on here. First, how do you know the club never received any offers? You mean, none that YOU KNOW OF. Paper driven speculation? How do you you know? Only Rush and McClaren can really tell us the answer to that, and even then we don't know for sure if they are trying to generate demand or play down demand. 

The rest of this is just silly. Ask anyone who supports a Premier League team and knows nothing or very little of the championship who Derby County's best player is ... paper driven or not, he's the supreme prize asset of Derby County. I suppose you think MESSI is too lightweight for La Liga? Is Ozil too lightweight for the Premier League? Sterling? Oscar? Mata? Give me a break. And he's tougher than all those I just listed.

And if we get to the Premier League, one group will carry us there, and one group will keep us there - yep ... the midfield, and that will be BRYSON, HUGHES, HENDRICK and THORNE. Time and again other managers have called it the best midfield in the Championship. 

I disagree with everything you said here. Weak weak weak. 

The way we play, the lack of speed in our attacks means we are EASY to defend against.

Just ask charlton and reading in the cup.

Rotherham, Cardiff, Ipswich, and now Bournemouth.

Last seasons top scorers east to defend against? Can only assume this is a wind up.

Assume all of the teams you named kept clean sheets then?

I aplaud it when we are winning and killing the game.

Infact i aplaud it in general.

But seriously how can you not be frustrated at our ability to pin them back for almost an entire match yet not make a single through ball, no cross with a forward or midfielder gambling on a run. Or even somone in a central area turning to shoot or selling a defender a dummy to shoot.

Only Forsyth and Christie take their men on.

And they are the full backs!!!!!!

I heard a guy at half time say to his mate "McClaren must be telling them not to shoot" and I agreed with him it seems like that sometimes.

Its no more frustrating than fans with no patience?

Are you moaning that it is our full backs putting crosses in? Do you not think this is what MacClaren wants the team doing?

I'm glad we don't deviate from the game plan when in control. Hoofball and long range shooting does not grind down your opponents, playing football does.

Do you think its a coincidence that we have scored more goals in the last 15 minutes than any other team in this league?

Archived