Ref Watch 2014-15

robglosta

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really know what he was doing.

In fairness, he gave something before the ball was in the net. Then he proceeded to point to the centre circle just to confuse absolutely everything.

Special mention to the linesman in the second half... Ball was a good foot out and he just ignored it. Not to mention Francis taking several foul throws.

Decent first half, but dreadful in the second. I really want to see the ghost goal again. Too busy celebrating.. and hadn't even realised it was handball.

Played advantage when he shouldn't have (foul on Hughes) and then doesn't play advantage for the goal.. mystifying. 

I hate criticising referees, as its a tough job. But the standard has been poor this season.

I was working and missed red card. Did Camp handle it outside area? If rules hasn't changed, I think ref needs to stop the game when giving the red. You can only play advantage when giving yellow.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes he did and as far as I know, you can send someone off afterwards. But he had already blew the whistle anyway. The main confusing point was he pointed to the centre circle.

Not great and the disallowing a goal thing always feels somewhat against "sporting justice" in these situations.

If we'd dropped points due to it, i'd no doubt be raging about it, but as it is, he was poor and clearly once had the keeper for the school team bully him, but will be forgotten and the world will move on.

Seemed to think not giving yellows when warrented counts as "letting the game flow"

Decent first half, but dreadful in the second. I really want to see the ghost goal again. Too busy celebrating.. and hadn't even realised it was handball.

Played advantage when he shouldn't have (foul on Hughes) and then doesn't play advantage for the goal.. mystifying.

I hate criticising referees, as its a tough job. But the standard has been poor this season.

Yeah. Tough racket but tonight was borderline absurd. Did enjoy Bournemouth protesting no card which would therefore have suggested the goal standing :D

Was the ref that bad apart from that incident? Seen worse

Just a strange thing I picked up on, or maybe I'm wrong

Did he ever actually make sure a wall was back the full distance? He just seemed to vaguely point without ever doing the usual strides out.

Archived