Players religious beliefs

Boycie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness, I couldn't care what religion a player is, as long as he does his best for the Rams, has a good attitude and is reasonably good then I'll get fully behind him.

It's interesting to see though that a lot of world class or formerly world class players are religious - Kaka, Falcao, etc. David Moyes is also reportedly a strong Christian.

I seen to remember Nathan Ellington is a Muslim, and during Ramadan 08-09 season he had a month of not eating during the day so Jewell said they have him a special programme. A nice touch, but he was next to useless that month due to zero energy (he would come off the bench and be slower than the others already)

I'm all for equality and religious views being honoured, but when your well-paid job is to perform an athletic job, requiring you to eat as part of a balanced diet regularly, you should be told to either eat and play, or else take a month leave from playing and no pay.

I just hope one day we will get a footballer that is a scientologist. 

I seen to remember Nathan Ellington is a Muslim, and during Ramadan 08-09 season he had a month of not eating during the day so Jewell said they have him a special programme. A nice touch, but he was next to useless that month due to zero energy (he would come off the bench and be slower than the others already)

I'm all for equality and religious views being honoured, but when your well-paid job is to perform an athletic job, requiring you to eat as part of a balanced diet regularly, you should be told to either eat and play, or else take a month leave from playing and no pay.

I think he was just being complicated. Plenty of Muslim footballers don't fast and just give money to charity instead. 

I just hope one day we will get a footballer that is a scientologist.

I think he was just being complicated. Plenty of Muslim footballers don't fast and just give money to charity instead.

How do Muslims in Alaska cope? Well Ramadan is during winter, so you'd assume they'd cope quite well what with it being almost 24 hr night time. So my question should be, how would a Muslim working on an Antarctic research station cope with almost 24 hrs of sunlight?

Archived