Calero and Mascarell

Curtains

we were only 4th daveo, clearly not good enough for some :huh:  and obviously the 6 months between last season and this season have left him on the scrap heap... 

makes my piss boil when people criticise a player for doing a job the manager and most level headed fans expect of them. 'fxck the defensive midfielder role athome' lets play 415 because we are that good... or we could follow the tried and tested blue print from last season of having a defensive midfielder who will break up play and pass it sideways to a much more talented player. He was at fault for none of the goals yesterday either. 

I get upset when people want to start suggesting we revert to 442. It's prehistoric. It is so easy to plan against and it wastes our attacking players. especially when people like you insist that 3 of the 4 midfielders are central midfielders (ie hendrick hughes bryson) DOES NOT work we saw it for 2 season and its trying to shoe horn a size 3 stiletto onto an elephant. 

I also get upset when posters like yourself decide that your OPINION is fact. You think Eustace isn't good enough. That doesn't mean that he isn't and seeing as Mac and simmo have far more managerial experience and success than yourself I'll trust them over you. 

Christ we are 2 points better off than this time last season and we have some very winnable games coming up but lets start changing everything  :wacko:

listen to this video.

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/coaches/video/videoid=537341.html

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we were only 4th daveo, clearly not good enough for some :huh: and obviously the 6 months between last season and this season have left him on the scrap heap...

makes my piss boil when people criticise a player for doing a job the manager and most level headed fans expect of them. 'fxck the defensive midfielder role athome' lets play 415 because we are that good... or we could follow the tried and tested blue print from last season of having a defensive midfielder who will break up play and pass it sideways to a much more talented player. He was at fault for none of the goals yesterday either.

I get upset when people want to start suggesting we revert to 442. It's prehistoric. It is so easy to plan against and it wastes our attacking players. especially when people like you insist that 3 of the 4 midfielders are central midfielders (ie hendrick hughes bryson) DOES NOT work we saw it for 2 season and its trying to shoe horn a size 3 stiletto onto an elephant.

I also get upset when posters like yourself decide that your OPINION is fact. You think Eustace isn't good enough. That doesn't mean that he isn't and seeing as Mac and simmo have far more managerial experience and success than yourself I'll trust them over you.

Christ we are 2 points better off than this time last season and we have some very winnable games coming up but lets start changing everything :wacko:

I stand by my view Eustace is not good enough his legs have gone.

Slaughter me if you like.

Thorne getting injured changed everything not me. 

4-4-2 is still a valid option

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/coaches/video/videoid=537341.html

I did and I still don't rate 442. 

Like he said in the video, Italy worked well with 3 Midfielders and so do we because we have good players in those areas. 

His gripe was that the striker was left isolated in that case but in our case that isn't so as the wingers are more like wide strikers than out and out wingers and we have hendrick or bryson on the pitch who have the energy to get up and support the attacker (martin). 

Now the next point is to suggest that you like 442 but you want all three of our best midfielders playing (hughes hendrick bryson) (this doesnt include where thorne goes when he comes back). Now this is the problem, with three CMs playing in a 442 you lose the wide threat. The wide threat is what makes the 442 work and only with two very good wide players can the 442 be effective. see Manu under fergie. 

we dont have quality out and out wingers and we have an abundance of central midfielders too. 

Hodgson doesn't play 442 himself now either... He either plays a diamond 41212 like our last euro qualifier or the 4231 like the world cup... 

I did and I still don't rate 442. 

Like he said in the video, Italy worked well with 3 Midfielders and so do we because we have good players in those areas. 

His gripe was that the striker was left isolated in that case but in our case that isn't so as the wingers are more like wide strikers than out and out wingers and we have hendrick or bryson on the pitch who have the energy to get up and support the attacker (martin). 

Now the next point is to suggest that you like 442 but you want all three of our best midfielders playing (hughes hendrick bryson) (this doesnt include where thorne goes when he comes back). Now this is the problem, with three CMs playing in a 442 you lose the wide threat. The wide threat is what makes the 442 work and only with two very good wide players can the 442 be effective. see Manu under fergie. 

we dont have quality out and out wingers and we have an abundance of central midfielders too. 

Hodgson doesn't play 442 himself now either... He either plays a diamond 41212 like our last euro qualifier or the 4231 like the world cup... 

Available players fit systems .

Systems don't always fit players 

Thorne is a huge loss for us. 

Did we play 4-4-2 and get 2 goals and draw the game against Cardiff after Eustace went off. 

Answer yes we did.  

Calero and Omar are both young and therefore that shows up at times. Calero when he has came on has looked pretty good overall, but is clearly still raw and needs to have a little more seasoning imo with the U'21s. Omar was brought in to help while Thorne is out and for the most part has played decent but I do not think he has fully understood yet how Championship football is played and how he needs to adapt his game to deal with that.

Calero was brought in to improve our youth players and he certainly has done that. I for one am eager to watch him grow and improve his game as I really think he could be something very special in the future.

Omar will get his chance on Tuesday I reckon. If he plays well, he will keep his place (see whitbread) but when a player comes to a new country, especially being as young as he is, its going to take time for him to adapt. He's definitely got the technique, and he'll be learning off Eustace and see what's required to be a DM in this league. He'll come good.

Omar needs to play it simple, it seems it happens to some players. hes probably attempting the passes he might have seen a Modric or Xabi Alonso do. I hope he can adapt but if he doesn't its not our loss.

Calero looks good but hes so young that it isn't safe to say where hell be in 6 years time, for all we know he might not develop further and get over taken by other players

Did we play 4-4-2 and get 2 goals and draw the game against Cardiff after Eustace went off. 

Answer yes we did.

Answer yes we did.

Or did we do what we did last season when pushing for a goal and go 424 leaving two central midfielders to anchor whilst the four players attack. Very dangerous to try and play that all game long

Hughes did not so well in that position and Eustace was needed. We've done well since he's come in steadying the ship so to speak. Mclaren starts Eustace people moan, Mclaren Doesn't start Eustace people moan...

He's not going to set the world alight he does his job simple as that.

Or did we do what we did last season when pushing for a goal and go 424 leaving two central midfielders to anchor whilst the four players attack. Very dangerous to try and play that all game long

Would we be lower than 9th in the table having spent a lot of money then because we drew the last 2 home games with Eustace in the holding role starting and not completing 90 minutes having to be replaced.

I like the attacking football we play at home and if we had played more of the attacking 4-4-2/ 4-2-4 1st half as we did 2nd half against Cardiff and Ipswich I think we would have won those games .

Eustace is the new fans favourite is he !

Or he is a stop gap for Thorne and Mascarell.

It's a gamble. Double or quits is not the game to be playing unless you are desperate - like, say, 0-2 down to Cardiff.

I think what people are forgetting, is that both have come into English football for the first time, Mascarell can barely string English sentences together. Let them adapt, learn the team, the language, the style of play. In the mean time, with Thorne out, Eustace is the only viable option. Bring them in too quickly, and you risk destroying them. I'd rather them get 65+ minutes in the u21s, who play a similar game, than <10 minutes with the full team, they will develop far better.

Archived