Calero and Mascarell

Curtains

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which seems to work for about 50 or 60 minutes at the minute. always gets booked....never gets sent off. thats a pro! a pro "take it for the teamer"

Sounds like I'm having a go at John Eustace.

No I'm having a go at McClaren to be honest he's not immune from criticism in my eyes.

I'm too long in the tooth.

McClaren got it wrong yesterday by playing Eustace at home IMO.

I'm an armchair critic at times but also praise people when it's due.

No I'm having a go at McClaren to be honest he's not immune from criticism in my eyes.

And you think you'd be a better manager as well. 

are your teeth longer than eustaces? mine are, but i still look younger. ive still got a feeling coutts could have a role to play back there, if he's ever fit again. and shotton. he's another possibility int he?

Has Mascarell been given a fair chance.

Just asking.

Possibly not. 

With Eustace we know what we're going to get, and so do Bryson and Hughes. They are given the freedom to roam forward because they know Eustace is protecting the back 4.

Mascarell has shown glimpses of being a really good, technically sound player. However, there is no easy game in the Championship in which to let him settle into the team. It's easier giving wingers a chance because there is less responsibility on them. If they make a mistake they lose the ball upfield, if a CDM makes a mistake, it creates a goal-scoring chance for the opposition team.

We've got to trust Steve at the minute. If he believes Mascarell isn't ready to start yet then i'll go with his judgement. 

Possibly not. 

With Eustace we know what we're going to get, and so do Bryson and Hughes. They are given the freedom to roam forward because they know Eustace is protecting the back 4.

Mascarell has shown glimpses of being a really good, technically sound player. However, there is no easy game in the Championship in which to let him settle into the team. It's easier giving wingers a chance because there is less responsibility on them. If they make a mistake they lose the ball upfield, if a CDM makes a mistake, it creates a goal-scoring chance for the opposition team.

We've got to trust Steve at the minute. If he believes Mascarell isn't ready to start yet then i'll go with his judgement. 

i agree

Possibly not.

Some people are arguing that playing Eustace allows Bryson and Hughes to be able to play without worrying about defensive duties on their part .

They also argue you can't play Hendrick,Hughes and Bryson together but i only think that applies with the diamond 4-5-1 formation.

Mac changed to a type of 4-4-2 yesterday but also had Hughes sitting deep at times and it worked .

We had Best supporting Martin and Ibe and Russell attacking the flanks.

I would argue that Hendrick ,Hughes and Bryson could fit a 4-4-2 until Thorne returns

There are so many equations and formations and options for fluid football.

Mac needs to get it right because we have very good players.

PS We are 8th in the table coming off a good week 5points out of 9 so I won't lose that fact .

WE COULD STILL FINISH TOP 2

Which game was it when Mascarell proved he's deserving that DM position?

Remind me as I've forgotten.

Is it just one of them where there absolutely has to be someone better to go into our starting 11?

Alpha he's quality I'm sure of that.

He needs more game time.

Why always use the DM anyhow

Horses for courses.

I think you're dillusional curtains.

I think that it is no coincidence that our performances have improved around the time we started playing Eustace back in the dm role instead of Hughes or masc.

Also think Calero is a long long way off Ibe and I've seen them both in every game they've played for us.

442 including Bryson Hughes and Hendrick? Worked well under clough didn't it. Why are you adamant to change something which isn't broken?

Thought it was more like 424 yesterday and Bryson and Hughes were very smart with the way they played on their own but suddenly Cardiff looked a slight threat on the counter.

I'd say stick to 433. None of Hughes, Hendrick or Bryson are completely comfortable with some of the requirements of playing DM. Leave one on the bench. Pick the best players for the system rather than the best system for the players. They all know this system and how to play it. That's how we finished 3rd and had such an amazing season.

I'm not completely happy with Eustace there tbh but just because Mascarell comes from Real Madrid that doesn't mean we can't see his lack of attacking play and him thumping it out for a throw in.

If Calero was that good then he'd be playing more. I'd bet half the people calling for him have barely seen him play?

Give them both time. They could go on to be the two best players to pass through Derby.

Right now though we don't really have a place for them. For Calero the competition is too strong and Mascarell plays like he's on a bigger pitch and never ever strays from his comfort zone.

Even Eustace backs up the play

I think you're dillusional curtains.

I think that it is no coincidence that our performances have improved around the time we started playing Eustace back in the dm role instead of Hughes or masc.

Also think Calero is a long long way off Ibe and I've seen them both in every game they've played for us.

442 including Bryson Hughes and Hendrick? Worked well under clough didn't it. Why are you adamant to change something which isn't broken?

I'm starting to find some of the football boring with Eustace plodding around.

We are so much better than that.

We haven't played so much better since Eustace came in I disagree.

I believe that yesterdays performance was pretty much as close to as good as it gets in terms of our forward play and Eustace's role of protcting the back four enables the other more attack inded players to play.

If he were 10 years younger, I honestly don't think his position and more importantly his performances would be up for debate and granted, he is on the wrong side of 30 but the position he plays doesn't require a lot of running.

The only player I can see from the current starting line up whose not quite earning his corn is Dawkins. I just don't rate the guy at all.

I don't see Omar being here for the season. He is already behind Eustace. When Thorne is back he will be behind him. He came here to play football. When Thorne is back will he even make the bench? He will be relying on injuries again to make the bench for DM and CM.

Letting Omar go would be a mistake.

Archived