Eustace why.

Curtains

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was pointless yesterday. In a game like that, where we had so much possession against a team sitting deep, it was made for Mascarell. Momentum was lost so often when the ball ended up at his feet first half.

I understand the balance thing, but Mascarell deserves a go to show if he can bring it too. We all know Hendrick/Bryson/Hughes doesn't work.

Maybe even Shotton?!

I'd like to see Mascarrell given a go now. Eustace is a good player but he was bloody off his feet after half time.

Give him a start in the Cup with a view to a start against Bolton. The kids clearly got genuine ability and I think he'd suit te position well, especially at home.

Was nice to see his tweet yesterday also

@Omascarell: Si no trabajas duro todos los d

Am I missing something after watching the Rams for 50 odd years.

What did Eustace contribute to the team yesterday .

He didn't protect the back 4 as we conceded 2 goals before he was subbed and we went 4-4-2

Ibe ,Russell and Best did us proud to get us back from 2 goals down along with the team.

Mascarell must be right fed up seeing Eustace plodding around.

PS Note to McClaren.

Eustace was a good player but his legs have gone lol

Took you too long to sort 4-4-2 out yesterday but at least you did get it right in the end.

Martin was crying out for support up front.

He wasn't responsible for either of their goals yesterday.

Why would McClaren start Eustace if he thought Mascarell was better?

Steve obviously doesn't think Mascarell is ready to start yet...

Beats me but every time Eustace is on the team sheet I worry .

He's supposed to be there to protect the back 4 not go missing.

His fault for Blackburns 2nd as he completely missed the header and that nearly let them back in.

Bullsh1t like this reaffirms my views that a lot of derby fans haven't got a clue. Hindsight is absolutely wonderful but could mac really assume that Cardiff would be poor in possession before we'd played them? They have a lot of good players so it'd be silly to assume we'd have 70odd % of possession.

Eustace May not be glamorous but he plays the most important position in a 433 and he doesn't do much wrong at all. Mascarell has all the bells and whistles but he doesn't know when is the right time to take a player out to break up an attack and receive a yellow for the team.

Beats me but every time Eustace is on the team sheet I worry .

He's supposed to be there to protect the back 4 not go missing.

His fault for Blackburns 2nd as he completely missed the header and that nearly let them back in.

You cannot seriously blame him for missing a header... Keogh wasn't goalside of his man so arguably he is more responsible than Eustace.

It all comes back to this: If Mascarell was better than Eustace, he would be starting...

You cannot seriously blame him for missing a header... Keogh wasn't goalside of his man so arguably he is more responsible than Eustace.

It all comes back to this: If Mascarell was better than Eustace, he would be starting...

My point is we conceded goals even with Eustace protecting the back 4 . ie 4 in 3 games.

We defend as a team.

How many goals would we have conceded with Mascarell in the Eustace role.

Answer we don't know.

Because Mascarell hasn't impressed so far.

Thorne is injured

Hendrick is injured

Bryson won't be happy there

Hughes isn't entirely comfortable there

The system that's so successful requires a physical protective midfielder who will tidy up. (Although Thorne does more than just tidy up)

Because Mascarell hasn't impressed so far.

Thorne is injured

Hendrick is injured

Bryson won't be happy there

Hughes isn't entirely comfortable there

The system that's so successful requires a physical protective midfielder who will tidy up. (Although Thorne does more than just tidy up)

hang on we have square pegs in round holes then

He is playing because Thorne is injured long term in answer to the question.

Plus I thought he played his best game of the season yesterday, was winning a lot of tackles and even spraying some Thorne-like passes around, one in particular that almost put Forsyth through and brought a last gasp challenge from the keeper.

You need someone to do the dirty stuff, Mascarell will play in midweek I would think, lets see how he goes on, he got better as the game went on against Charlton in the Cup but didn't start off wholly convincing to be honest, looked a bit lightweight at times which isn't ideal in that position even if he can pass it well.

Plus individual lapses I think were at fault for a fair few of the goals so not much the CDM can do about that really.

I would say Keogh was more at fault than Eustace at Blackburn as he was still marking their man tightly and allowed him to turn and score, the throw was too high for Eustace to head away really as he jumped up and it went over him so how can he be blamed for that?

Archived