Is it because I am black?

i-Ram

Get this, i-Ram, but maybe people see the recent performances of this player differently to you and the fact he's black has absolutely no f**cking importance whatsoever. How narrow minded of you. I personally feel he's a good player but has been poor of late and shouldn't start in the next game. Based solely on performances. You clearly are fond with him but to defend him to the teeth like this is clearly making you come out with some absolute crap.

Get this mike93rh. I think if you review my post I didn't say he had more stick because he was black, I proposed to the forum for grown up honest discussion whether anyone wondered whether race might be a factor. This is not narrow minded, that is being open minded, as like a few I am not so easily convinced that DCFC supporters (like any other group of people) might not include one or two individuals with unsavoury views - whether that be racism, sexism, homophobia, or whatever. I am also not defending Dawks to the teeth; he hasn't been great this season, and I fully recognise the weaknesses he has. What I can't see, like some others is, why the amount of stick he gets seems greater than others with like or inferior performance records. I will take your "absolute crap" comment as a) a compliment that I have provoked some thought, and b) that you are unable to translate that into reasonable debate. Now, on yer bike son.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On his day (fitness/confidence) ,Dawkins is a very effective player . Maybe any of the wingers Dawkin/Russell/Ibe would benefit from a sustained period in the side , like Ward who has scored i think 5 goals .

Hope you enjoy it on here I Am Ram. Remember that raising the R word on here can cause difficulties.

Can't believe I just read through all that self-obsessed cr@p, especially seeing as you started the thread in the first place. Come back when you grow up.

And finally, on this matter. I think you could be right Vulcan. Perhaps started the wine a bit too early yesterday afternoon, so perhaps did drone on a bit. Always good though to get a few things said, when the arrows are flying. Alas Growing up for me is no longer an option, as at my age I am only going to shrink from here on in. Hopefully though my brain shrinks the slowest of my organs, as I really would not wish to suffer as you clearly are.

Had to come back on. You UTR seem to have lost the wit from your status.

You need to read first before you try debating. I never ever labelled anyone as a racist, I asked the question whether anyone else felt if the unusual amount of negativity Dawkins got was not simply related to his footballing abilities; and whether race/colour might be a factor. As you will see, if you could read, a few others did think it MIGHT be a factor. A few including FunkyRam felt the post was racist, or I was racist, but I see he has disappeared when challenged regarding his views on people using comedy to raise awareness and debate on serious issues.

Note to Mods: Shame a few bits of my response above were edited, particularly the antenna bit, but I think someone might need to explain to UTR the meaning of the second sentence now it hasn't been spelled out for him.

If you're going to make such a claim you are expected to present some kind of evidence. The only evidence shown to support your argument is that Dawkins isn't treated exactly the same as Johnny Russell. That can be debunked fairly easily by dragging up the Jamie Ward thread from the summer which features similar (in my opinion) unjustified criticism.

Is shouting "I'm not racist" like shouting "I'm not gay"?

The ones who shout it the loudest perhaps are? The only thing missing from this thread is someone saying "I know loads of black people

Amazing how far a light hearted joke can go. You all need your heads banging together.

It wasn't a joke though, was it? It was an attempt, in i-rams' own words, to spark a serious debate using, in his opinion, satire and humour. It might have worked had he been straight rather than dress it up in such a ham-fisted way.

No Eddie, shouting "I'm not racist" is like shouting "I'm not homophobic".

Shouting "I'm not gay" would be like shouting "I'm not black".

How can anybody deny /hide their colour this side of a bleach bottle.

Actually on reflection, that's a very valid point. At what 'dilution' does one cease to be 'black' and become 'white', and vice versa?

How can anybody deny /hide their colour this side of a bleach bottle.

Actually on reflection, that's a very valid point. At what 'dilution' does one cease to be 'black' and become 'white', and vice versa?

My wife uses "coloured" all the time, I keep having to remind her it's not considered acceptable here these days.

My mum is the same. The thing is, her generation was taught that "coloured" was more sensitive and culturally acceptable than "black" or "mixed race".

Maybe Blue Mink were right when they sang "Melting Pot"? I mean, boiling the world and everything in it for 100 years (or more) sounds a bit drastic, but I guarantee it would put an end to racism.

My mum is the same. The thing is, her generation was taught that "coloured" was more sensitive and culturally acceptable than "black" or "mixed race".

Maybe Blue Mink were right when they sang "Melting Pot"? I mean, boiling the world and everything in it for 100 years (or more) sounds a bit drastic, but I guarantee it would put an end to racism.

Racism is stupid anyway - in 1987 it was suggested that we all share a common ancestor - the so-called 'Mitochondrial Eve', but I suppose that's an 'unmelting pot'.

Doubt it.

Ever since neanderthals wiped out cro-magnon there have been 'issues'.

Archived