Is it because I am black?

i-Ram

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would argue that its the most blatant bit of racism ive seen on this forum for a while yet the mods fail to see this!

Just read the title....

What's colour got to do with the poor performance of a player? Any rams fan will tell you that Russell is slightly more popular because of the goals he contributes to the team and the fact he can actually take a player on! Simple

Read the post again. The OP is saying that dawkins isnt appreciated by fans because of his colour. The poster is not stating that as his belief, but suggesting thats what others think.

Read the post again. The OP is saying that dawkins isnt appreciated by fans because of his colour. The poster is not stating that as his belief, but suggesting thats what others think.

nonsense

also read my post again, i explained my view why Russell is appreciated more. 

I actually think Dawkins is the better player just wish he had a final ball or a shot on him. Then again if he did he would be playing for Barcelona

The original post is latent with ambiguity.

It exists as a post-structuralist deconstruction of attitudes towards racism.

It questions both the integrity of the critics who - it is suggested - may be less than fair in their assessment of a player, due to a latent white racist attitude which it is implied exists within a landscape of cultural and ethnic difference.

The text implies both a white majority and a black minority and alludes to the struggles of the minority for acceptance, meeting prejudice and hostility along the way. We might conclude that this allusion would be impossible without the reality of 18th and 19th century western cultural and technical dominance, the colonisation and rape of Africa, the miserable and shameful history of slavery and black emancipation, and the subsequent struggle of a displaced people to find a new home within the cold industrialised heartland of an idealised mother land.

The character of Dawkins is used to invoke a situation laden with meaning.

However there is another side: another slipperiness within the text which seeks to invert the established hierarchy. "Is it because I am black ?".

The words are the voice of the assumed victim as opposed to the alleged aggressor .

The author does not say for example - "is it because he is black".The author assumes the voice of the victim and seems to almost mock the plaintive cry for acceptance. It ridicules the victims of racism by alluding to a sham and superficial defence which exists in the mind of our tory host as just another lame excuse. The excuse for under achievement in an imaginary meritocracy. Now the words infer to a clash of cultural values, the rage of the protestant work ethic, and the crack of the whip over a forced black congregation. Those who are supposedly work shy in the minds eye of the master, but who are in reality beaten to the point of exhaustion - both physically and mentally defeated.

And so the meaning shifts its attention from from the third party spectator, to the victim, and ultimately to the aggressor, and the reader is drawn in to this maelstrom and is forced to question not only his or her own values but also the values of others, including the author. We are forced once again into an uncomfortable confrontation with the present and the past.

And all because he's got no left foot.

If only youd not wandered offside

On more than one occasion, and if only you weren't so predictable when trying to go past defenders, they have you sussed in very short time.

Watch the video of how Ibe played when he came on and have a go at being as good as him, remember you came from a Premier League club and he is on loan from one and still has a few years to go before he is the same age as you.

Work at it, try for constant improvement and consistency and perhaps then you will not attract so much criticism, most things are possible if you put the effort in.

The original post is latent with ambiguity.

It exists as a post-structuralist deconstruction of attitudes towards racism.

It questions both the integrity of the critics who - it is suggested - may be less than fair in their assessment of a player, due to a latent white racist attitude which it is implied exists within a landscape of cultural and ethnic difference.

The text implies both a white majority and a black minority and alludes to the struggles of the minority for acceptance, meeting prejudice and hostility along the way. We might conclude that this allusion would be impossible without the reality of 18th and 19th century western cultural and technical dominance, the colonisation and rape of Africa, the miserable and shameful history of slavery and black emancipation, and the subsequent struggle of a displaced people to find a new home within the cold industrialised heartland of an idealised mother land.

The character of Dawkins is used to invoke a situation laden with meaning.

However there is another side: another slipperiness within the text which seeks to invert the established hierarchy. "Is it because I am black ?".

The words are the voice of the assumed victim as opposed to the alleged aggressor .

The author does not say for example - "is it because he is black".The author assumes the voice of the victim and seems to almost mock the plaintive cry for acceptance. It ridicules the victims of racism by alluding to a sham and superficial defence which exists in the mind of our tory host as just another lame excuse. The excuse for under achievement in an imaginary meritocracy. Now the words infer to a clash of cultural values, the rage of the protestant work ethic, and the crack of the whip over a forced black congregation. Those who are supposedly work shy in the minds eye of the master, but who are in reality beaten to the point of exhaustion - both physically and mentally defeated.

And so the meaning shifts its attention from from the third party spectator, to the victim, and ultimately to the aggressor, and the reader is drawn in to this maelstrom and is forced to question not only his or her own values but also the values of others, including the author. We are forced once again into an uncomfortable confrontation with the present and the past.

And all because he's got no left foot.

You need sex.....

I would argue that its the most blatant bit of racism ive seen on this forum for a while yet the mods fail to see this! Just read the title.... What's colour got to do with the poor performance of a player? Any rams fan will tell you that Russell is slightly more popular because of the goals he contributes to the team and the fact he can actually take a player on! Simple

Don't be silly, you are just looking to be offended. The OP is not racist in any way.

Don't be silly, you are just looking to be offended. The OP is not racist in any way.

No they are not. However they an ignorant, narrow minded tool. Who does not have the balls to name people they think don't like Dawkins because of his skin color. Excluding non physical violence, the boy who cried wolf is as bad as the wolf. 

Sorry about the awkward silence. In truth I thought I had been suspended or banned, because I could not access post-server update, but Daveo and the mods I contacted today have confirmed it is just a sausage system.

Where do I begin. In no particular order a big thanks to Cisse, Davenport, Boycie, RLACML, and a good few others. RLACML you can't possibly know whether I am racist because you don't really know me, but I am pleased to confirm to you that you are quite correct. I hope we meet up sometime and you can look me in the eyes, oh and buy me a beer. There were other replies by a good few including Jimbo and Alpha, which perhaps supported my suggestion that Dawks for some reason given his footballing abilities seems to get far to much stick than others. CheltenhamRam thank you for your comment:-

Usually like your stuff iRam but bad read here mate. Wonky pint today? Race is just simply not a factor in 2014 apart from a very select few mouth-breathers that are largely ignored by other fans (to the point that I think the Kick It Out campaigning is a waste of time).

No wonky pint, and appreciate the compliment, but don't you undermine your "race is simply not a factor in 2014" by your "apart" ending? In fact I think you reinforce my point.

Albert I was not "making fun of racism" I was using humour to highlight the seriousness of racism. FunkyRam, really sorry you saw my post as "blatant racism"' and the "most racist post for some while" on this Forum. I am also really sorry you could not come back to Boycie regarding his Ali G references too? Are you not up for debate, or is it just too easy to scream "Racist". Tell me where do you stand on the following joke:-

Stevie Wonder is being interviewed, and he is asked the question "it must have been a tremendous disadvantage in life being born blind" and he replies "well it could have been worse, I am American and I could have been born black". To you is that a funny joke, is it a racist joke, or is a social comment on how racism still greatly affects a large number of black Americans?

UptheRams not really sure what to say to you. I did not call anyone a racist, nor did I attempt to suggest that anyone on this Forum was a racist. I have no idea whether there are any racists on the forum, as like I indicated to RLACML earlier in this note you need to look into people's eyes and soul to really know. You cannot tell on social medium unless comments are expressly made. What I would say is that I have been to enough (away) fixtures this last 9 months to know that an element of racism still exists on the terraces, some of which arises from conscious thought, and some that comes from the sub-conscious. You can question my intelligence, but I question yours, as at least I do know you don't have to name or identify specific people in order to argue or indeed prove racism may exist. Just a couple of other replies to posts; SRG happy to be secretary of the Dawks Appreciation Society and Ramnut I much enjoyed your very clever reply to the dilemma which is "talking about racism".

In summary, I think it is perfectly healthy to debate the racism on forums like these. A lot of the time we are simply regurgitating tired or meaningless threads. You could argue all day long that I could have raised the matter in a different, perhaps more serious way, but I am who I am and to be honest I am crying out to everyone now - please don't let the PC brigade drive satire away. As Angry Ram points out, let's not get to the situation where when playing snooker I have to nominate "the colour one up from pink".

Not sure what I am going to do next in truth. Certainly I am going to have a few days away from the Forum which is a shame really as there have been other postings today which ordinarily I would have ripped the pi$$ out of. If I don't come back, do me 3 favours:-

Get behind Dawks 100%

Don't let people scream racist, sexist, homophobe, or whatever to stop you having a grown up discussion on serious matters

Keep AmericanRam on his toes for me; those white Americans have if far to easy.

Sorry about the awkward silence. In truth I thought I had been suspended or banned, because I could not access post-server update, but Daveo and the mods I contacted today have confirmed it is just a sausage system.

Where do I begin. In no particular order a big thanks to Cisse, Davenport, Boycie, RLACML, and a good few others. RLACML you can't possibly know whether I am racist because you don't really know me, but I am pleased to confirm to you that you are quite correct. I hope we meet up sometime and you can look me in the eyes, oh and buy me a beer. There were other replies by a good few including Jimbo and Alpha, which perhaps supported my suggestion that Dawks for some reason given his footballing abilities seems to get far to much stick than others. CheltenhamRam thank you for your comment:-

No wonky pint, and appreciate the compliment, but don't you undermine your "race is simply not a factor in 2014" by your "apart" ending? In fact I think you reinforce my point.

Albert I was not "making fun of racism" I was using humour to highlight the seriousness of racism. FunkyRam, really sorry you saw my post as "blatant racism"' and the "most racist post for some while" on this Forum. I am also really sorry you could not come back to Boycie regarding his Ali G references too? Are you not up for debate, or is it just too easy to scream "Racist". Tell me where do you stand on the following joke:-

Stevie Wonder is being interviewed, and he is asked the question "it must have been a tremendous disadvantage in life being born blind" and he replies "well it could have been worse, I am American and I could have been born black". To you is that a funny joke, is it a racist joke, or is a social comment on how racism still greatly affects a large number of black Americans?

UptheRams not really sure what to say to you. I did not call anyone a racist, nor did I attempt to suggest that anyone on this Forum was a racist. I have no idea whether there are any racists on the forum, as like I indicated to RLACML earlier in this note you need to look into people's eyes and soul to really know. You cannot tell on social medium unless comments are expressly made. What I would say is that I have been to enough (away) fixtures this last 9 months to know that an element of racism still exists on the terraces, some of which arises from conscious thought, and some that comes from the sub-conscious. You can question my intelligence, but I question yours, as at least I do know you don't have to name or identify specific people in order to argue or indeed prove racism may exist. Just a couple of other replies to posts; SRG happy to be secretary of the Dawks Appreciation Society and Ramnut I much enjoyed your very clever reply to the dilemma which is "talking about racism".

In summary, I think it is perfectly healthy to debate the racism on forums like these. A lot of the time we are simply regurgitating tired or meaningless threads. You could argue all day long that I could have raised the matter in a different, perhaps more serious way, but I am who I am and to be honest I am crying out to everyone now - please don't let the PC brigade drive satire away. As Angry Ram points out, let's not get to the situation where when playing snooker I have to nominate "the colour one up from pink".

Not sure what I am going to do next in truth. Certainly I am going to have a few days away from the Forum which is a shame really as there have been other postings today which ordinarily I would have ripped the pi$$ out of. If I don't come back, do me 3 favours:-

Get behind Dawks 100%

Don't let people scream racist, sexist, homophobe, or whatever to stop you having a grown up discussion on serious matters

I respect your input mate.Don't stay away too long :)

He put a lovely ball through for Bryson on Wednesday which Bryson fluffed his shot and got the assist for.

He beats players. Just not in the traditional racing to the byline sense. Ghosting past players and cutting inside to find neat exchanges is as much as beating a man imo.

Get behind Dawks 100%

Racist!

Like I said to curtains, iram. At the end of the day we're all just talking ***** and none of it matters. Throw your opinion out there, have a bicker about it and then when the frustration wears off remember that none of what was said matters because we're just a minority of Derby fans in a corner of the internet.

Look back at what was posted and take none of it too seriously. So much can be lost in context etc that it's not worth getting upset over.

I've posted loads of things and then come back and read it another day and thought 'I sound like such a knob'

I assume most folks are the same as their mood changes throughout the day/week. So I read what they say and agree/disagree but don't hold grudges or make judgments on their character. It's why we have usernames!!

Fook it. It's the internet. Internet is Latin for bullsh!t.

Probably

Get this, i-Ram, but maybe people see the recent performances of this player differently to you and the fact he's black has absolutely no f**cking importance whatsoever. How narrow minded of you. I personally feel he's a good player but has been poor of late and shouldn't start in the next game. Based solely on performances. You clearly are fond with him but to defend him to the teeth like this is clearly making you come out with some absolute crap.

Archived