Is it because I am black?

i-Ram

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't shoot me but there was a thread some time ago where I said I considered myself as a racist. Immediately someone asked to me get banned. When I explained the reasons why I do consider myself a racist there were many posts that said that I actually shouldn't consider myself a racist.

That raises two points on my mind. People have different ideas about racism. And also some people are so afraid that they are seen as one that they can't voice their honest opinions for fearing they would be judged as one.

And about Dawkins I like him and think he will be an valuable asset in our promotion push this season.

For some reason people are watching Dawkins more closely than other player and are judging him harshly. I think he's been very good in his Derby career showing flashes of brilliance.

On occasion he is poor but who isn't?

Some guys that are near me criticise him lots. Not fair at all.

I don't give Dawkins any stick or Russell or anyone else for that matter. I sometimes say the refs ****. I also say forest are ****. So as you can see i'd make a great summariser.

If Dawkins could shoot he'd be great. I think i said when he signed he had the skill. If he plays **** then everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Russell doesn't rate high with me. I think he's at his level.

What actually is peoples problem with Dawkins ? I was at work today so couldnt go to the game, how was he today ? But i've noticed so far this season he gets more stick than the rest of them. I actually like him, I think when he has the ball at his feet he keeps it well and gets into good positions. 

Oh why this kind of thread? It is essentially making fun of actual racism. 

Dawkins gets more stick than Russell because he's less spectacular. It's the same reason Steve Davies could get away with a lot here too. Dawkins is a class player, good on the ball, comes up with assists and the occasional goal, and is all round important to the team. He is however, not likely to score the kind of goal that Russell can pull off, nor the kinds of runs that Russell will try. Dawkins was also unfortunate in that his "bad patch" came late last season, so people dwelt on it over the off season.

Personally I think Dawkins is fantastic, but as I said before the season started, he's an obvious target for criticism, because we tend to remember the outstanding, and if things aren't going right his ability on the ball, and build up play may come off as "lacking" when we're not winning.

Oh why this kind of thread? It is essentially making fun of actual racism. 

Dawkins gets more stick than Russell because he's less spectacular. It's the same reason Steve Davies could get away with a lot here too. Dawkins is a class player, good on the ball, comes up with assists and the occasional goal, and is all round important to the team. He is however, not likely to score the kind of goal that Russell can pull off, nor the kinds of runs that Russell will try. Dawkins was also unfortunate in that his "bad patch" came late last season, so people dwelt on it over the off season.

Personally I think Dawkins is fantastic, but as I said before the season started, he's an obvious target for criticism, because we tend to remember the outstanding, and if things aren't going right his ability on the ball, and build up play may come off as "lacking" when we're not winning.

Agree with every word mate.  "http://www.allsmileys.com/files/smileycons/communication/26" alt="26">

Dawkins is neat and tidy but always comes inside and seems to lack end product i.e. a good cross of a shot.

The new tactic of switching with bryson looks like an improvment because he is no longer in the position where some of his weaknesses get exposed.

He is what he is.

Neat and tidy but not always a great threat.

He doesn't seem to relish taking people on like Wardy or Ibe.

Dawkins is neat and tidy but always comes inside and seems to lack end product i.e. a good cross of a shot.

The new tactic of switching with bryson looks like an improvment because he is no longer in the position where some of his weaknesses get exposed.

He is what he is.

Yes yes yes, all good and true, he's got great feet, good control, and seems better suited to a more midfield rather than winger's role. But is all that because he's black?

He is what he is.

Agree with all of that. I would also like to add he always has to have another touch when shooting. There was quite a few times last season where he had a 1 on 1 situation that needed to be hut 1st time and he took a touch and the defenders surrounded him and the chance was gone.

The bloke behind me who does nothing but slate him yesterday when ward/Christie crossed one in which Dawkins was in the middle for, he jumped for it but the central defender beat him to the header. The comment "he needs to be stronger there" followed.

Dawkins, a winger, needs to out muscle and beat in the air and central defender? What a massive bellend. I relish the games this absolute nobrot doesn't turn up (bellend and nobrot referring the the bloke behind me not Dawkins haha)

He is what he is.

Exactly!

Dawkins is great until he gets to the box,no end product

Yes yes yes, all good and true, he's got great feet, good control, and seems better suited to a more midfield rather than winger's role. But is all that because he's black?

I'm not sure he is black.

I dont think the post is racist, merely a veiled accusation that fans dont rate dawkins are. Obviously cant pin the thin veil on the manager anymore

I would argue that its the most blatant bit of racism ive seen on this forum for a while yet the mods fail to see this!

Just read the title....

What's colour got to do with the poor performance of a player? Any rams fan will tell you that Russell is slightly more popular because of the goals he contributes to the team and the fact he can actually take a player on! Simple

Archived