Is it because I am black?

i-Ram

I seem to put a lot of tidy performances in, do my bit for the team, get some assists and goals, and am happy to play in any position the coach asks. I would argue that over the last 9 months I have been generally more consistent than my mate Johnny, and I know the coach likes me. But Johnny he doesn't seem to get any stick at all when he has an off game or is inconsistent. I wouldn't want him too either, because he is my mate, and hurtful comments don't help anyone. Do you think if I was a bit whiter, a bit more chipper, and grew a manly beard I might be liked and appreciated a bit more? Any help or indeed support you can give would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Simon

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the reaction when we signed Ibe and the love Christie is currently receiving I would say you are miles off with that one and should have a little lay down, think about what you've just posted.

Your point is a fair reply Daveo, and I am not calling anyone out, BUT there is something about the stick that Dawkins gets frequently (not simply on this Forum) which makes me feel uncomfortable that unfortunately race might just be a factor. Christie is playing fantastically, and therefore no one would/could have a justifiable reason to be negative. I am a big Dawkins fan, which might cloud my judgment here, and therefore even if my post (as you might be right) is miles off for the vast majority, my sincere intention was to make anyone's conscience which might not be so clear reflect for a short while. I am happy you can delete this thread or reword it, if you think this is not a subject that merits further consideration or debate.

Unbelievable. Make a thread about calling people racist and then state you are not calling out anyone but race must be the reason why a player receives criticism. What a narrow minded opinion. You might earn some respect if you dare state who you think criticizes Dawkins because of his skin color. 

Archived