"Steve Bloomer's Watching"

Chris Mills

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread disturbs me! We have a statue of Steve Bloomer between the dugout meaning that arguably the best player to ever grace a derby shirt (other than savage and sammon) is watching the game. I believe that we are the only football team that has a song written for the soul purpose of being sung on matchday and if you like the forest anthem then feck off to the sh#tty ground!!! It would probably be good if we all sang the bloomin thing!!! I swear every game I go to there must be around 60% who either don't know the words or cba!!! ill only support the change in song if we move stadium or remove the statue! plus theres a second verse that we don't use!!!

rant over

I don't mind it all like a previous poster said make it shorter if possible about 20 seconds or something. The only thing which is frustrating is the fact of every one being out of tune about 3-4 people singing around me at different times once Derby comes if you look around the stadium people still clapping etc once u finished..

Really cringe when that happens!

There's some miserable chuffs on this forum. It's our song, deal with it.

If you're standing arms folded in protest just know that nobody will notice. But if it makes your little day then do it.

There. Feel better now :)

The Mull of Kintyre thing at the shitty ground is 'mist rolling over the trent' I think. Cringe!!!!

Finally some sense!

I think one of it's major flaws is it's just too slow. It feels unatural to clap at that speed and that's reflected by everyone being out of time.

Someone needs to remix it. Put a banging donk on it. Maybe add a 'drop' in there too. Do they sell glowsticks in the superstore?

EDIT: (Also, I can't believe that's not an original song! I think it's a bit naff but at least I thought it was ours. Why would you CHOOSE to cover that over any other tune?)

We have a song written by us, for us and about us. Set to some music written by pros. Promoted/sung by Derby-related media-celebrity.

It doesn't get any better than that.

As for the singing - it will always be difficult in a stadium where the sound from each sound is bouncing around (and delayed) all over the place!

Archived