Nigel Clough on Brian Clough interview

cosmic

Just to balance this out before we forget who we are and where we've been, Nigel also says something interesting on how his Dad liked honest players:

"He used to work with genuine and honest players. If he brought someone in and they wouldn't change, he wasn't averse to admitting his mistakes. He would have moved them on."

A philosophy that Nigel, to his credit, implemented at Derby and formed this "family" of players that are performing so well together.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a tough call in my eyes, it had been staring us in the face for a couple of years. Only some of us could see how much the guy was holding us back.

I'm not surprised by these kind of outbursts given the way he used to single out players in the press for abuse after games.

These comments are comical - What outburst?

I would love to read these references, can you point me to them please? It shouldn't be difficult if it has been done several times.

I'm not going to spend time looking for quotes from him.

Don't think I need to we all know he's said things since he was fired.

If you push I'm sure someone will get them up to satisfy you.

I'm not going to spend time looking for quotes from him.

Don't think I need to we all know he's said things since he was fired.

If you push I'm sure someone will get them up to satisfy you.

I suspect they are only in your imagination. Not sure why you need to make ridiculously exaggerated and childish claims to make a point.

Actually, I'm Simon. I'd be surprised if Nigel is on this forum since he said he "never wanted anything to do with that cesspool of a club, it's illiterate fans and that scumbag Sam Rush ever again" last time he came round for Sunday dinner.

Sam Rush has never been an agent.

Nigel Clough is definitely not a bitter man, he prefers a glass of wine.

He was the COO of Wasserman Media Group, who represented loads of athletes. Also the director of the Association of Football Agents and voted one of the "World's Leading Agents" as well, apparently.

He got the raw end of the deal, being fired by the club.

I got the better end of the deal by getting to watch a successful and exciting team once again. I've got nothing to be bitter about.

Don't think you are the only one pal you only have to look at the rise in gates since he departed!

He was the COO of Wasserman Media Group, who represented loads of athletes. Also the director of the Association of Football Agents and voted one of the "World's Leading Agents" as well, apparently.

Sam Rush was with Wasserman as COO. He was never an agent. 

Sam Rush was with Wasserman as COO. He was never an agent. 

I imagine to be a director and a COO in agencies, you have to have some previous experience of actually being in the industry.

Not to mention the fact that, like I said, he was voted as a World Leading Agent. That's got to stand for something.

I will admit though that I can't find out much about him before he became Wasserman's COO. He must have done something before that but after graduating from Oxford. That's not a role you just jump into.

It wasn't a tough call in my eyes, it had been staring us in the face for a couple of years. Only some of us could see how much the guy was holding us back.

I'm not surprised by these kind of outbursts given the way he used to single out players in the press for abuse after games.

All this players he ripped apart in the press....like...Cywka who is currently teaing up the league at......?

Great bloke, did an unbelievable job for us under the toughest of situation.

I imagine to be a director and a COO in agencies, you have to have some previous experience of actually being in the industry.

Not to mention the fact that, like I said, he was voted as a World Leading Agent. That's got to stand for something.

I will admit though that I can't find out much about him before he became Wasserman's COO. He must have done something before that but after graduating from Oxford. That's not a role you just jump into.

Not at all. He was a Lawyer before joining SFX Sports Group who were bought by Wasserman. He was never  voted as the World's leading agent, although he was listed (not voted) as one of the most influential people in that industry. 

I wonder if we'll see our old friend Ronnie on this thread?

I'm still here Boycie. I'm sure Daveo can confirm I still log in every day.

I'm not posting cos of numpties trying to spin my every word/action into a negative against the club.

It got very tiring trying to ignore the wums and having admin delete my posts. So now I just read the ******** instead of getting wound up by it.

Nice little dig about the book the other day as well by the way. Well played.

For what its worth. I think Nigel is right.

Money men, Agents and/or ex agents are ruining the game.

Archived