Nigel Clough on Brian Clough interview

cosmic

Nice article here (too long to copy/paste) and video of classic Clough Snr. There's a full interview and programme tonight on Five Live from 9pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29273680

On a side note, Nigel has a pop at Sam Rush:

Nigel Clough says his late father Brian would have been a success in the modern game, but "dismayed and flabbergasted" by the money-men and agents. It is 10 years since legendary manager Clough died from cancer, aged 69. "He still would have been incredibly successful," he told BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy. "But there's an obscene amount of money in the game and I think the final straw would have been that there are ex-agents getting involved running clubs."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitter bitter man I feel for the Sheffield United fans.

They deserve a manager who's not obsessed with another club. And not in a good way, always sniping away.

Sam Rush's doing a lovely job thanks get over it!

Also think he should concentrate on his great dads achievements not using it to argue his own agenda's.

Shows what he is really.

Me me me!

I think you are missing the point.

Agents effectively own the players now.

Clubs pay out to hire the player for three years or whatever.

After that the agent touts them to another club for another fee.

Even players under contract are encouraged to break the contract etc due to the new power of agents.

Agents are pulling the strings all the time.

But they've gone from being regarded as spivs to running the clubs.

Thats what he's saying.

And its true.

Even players under contract are encouraged to break the contract etc due to the new power of agents.

Thats what he's saying.

And its true.

But our "spiv" is doing a great job.....

Thats what he's saying.

And its true.

He doesn't day anything about agents. He says "ex agents"

He's only bothered about having a pop!

Thats what he's saying.

And its true.

Come on mate, you're clutching at straws a bit there. It's a bit of a jump from engineering a player's move to "running the club".

It's obviously aimed at Rush, who is involved in running our club and did used to be an agent.

Nigel's a bitter, bitter man.

Come on mate, you're clutching at straws a bit there. It's a bit of a jump from engineering a player's move to "running the club".

It's obviously aimed at Rush, who is involved in running our club and did used to be an agent.

Nigel's a bitter, bitter man.

Sam Rush has never been an agent.

Nigel Clough is definitely not a bitter man, he prefers a glass of wine.

I suppose none of you would ever be bitter about getting canned? Sam Rush made a tough call and it's turned out to be a great decision. Sam is big enough to stick up for himself without you brave boys having a pop at a guy who did a good job at this club over some weak implied criticism.

I suppose none of you would ever be bitter about getting canned? Sam Rush made a tough call and it's turned out to be a great decision. Sam is big enough to stick up for himself without you brave boys having a pop at a guy who did a good job at this club over some weak implied criticism.

Got probably the biggest pair of Boll ocks ive known.... Fully supported his decision at the time too....

Bitter bitter man I feel for the Sheffield United fans.

They deserve a manager who's not obsessed with another club. And not in a good way, always sniping away.

Sam Rush's doing a lovely job thanks get over it!

Also think he should concentrate on his great dads achievements not using it to argue his own agenda's.

Shows what he is really.

Me me me!

Purely out of curiosity, why do you think he is obsessed with another club? What has he been always sniping away about? Have you heard the interview, I don't think it is on until this evening is it?

It wasn't a tough call in my eyes, it had been staring us in the face for a couple of years. Only some of us could see how much the guy was holding us back.

I'm not surprised by these kind of outbursts given the way he used to single out players in the press for abuse after games.

Archived