Highlights

Jayweb95

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the Blackburn player's feet when taking the throw in for their second goal. Awful awful officiating.

Definitely a foul throw - by some distance.

Look at the Blackburn player's feet when taking the throw in for their second goal. Awful awful officiating.

Definitely a foul throw - by some distance.

Love a good foul throw me... there's at least 5 a game and they never get called. But that was the most basic of all, foot way over the line.

You are actually allowed to have your feet over the line by the way:

LAW 15 - the thrown in

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

• faces the field of play
  • has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line
  • holds the ball with both hands
  • delivers the ball from behind and over his head
  • delivers the ball from the point where it left the field of play

So this...

"http://s27.postimg.org/7tesj6g83/Screen_Shot_2014_09_18_at_12_22_55" alt="Screen_Shot_2014_09_18_at_12_22_55">

Even though his toes are over the line he still has part of each foot on the touchline so its not a foul throw.

Isn't every throw a foul throw as I barely ever see a player throw the ball from behind his head.

Most seem to think the top of the forehead is enough.

When I was a kid you had to have the ball come from right behind your head?

Anyway, I don't think we can complain too much. That half inch advantage didn't really help them score.

You are actually allowed to have your feet over the line by the way:

LAW 15 - the thrown in

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

• faces the field of play
  • has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line
  • holds the ball with both hands
  • delivers the ball from behind and over his head
  • delivers the ball from the point where it left the field of play

So this...

"http://s27.postimg.org/7tesj6g83/Screen_Shot_2014_09_18_at_12_22_55" alt="Screen_Shot_2014_09_18_at_12_22_55">

Even though his toes are over the line he still has part of each foot on the touchline so its not a foul throw.

Wasn't he on his toes when he delivered the ball into play, therefore no part of his foot was on the line. Just saying, not concerned about a tinsy advantage.

Archived