Whitbread

AmericanRam

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 games in 10 days I think

Buxton and Whitbread will share it out.

Buxton played vs Forest

Whitbread played vs Blackburn with both having injury issues I think rotation would be the best option.

Definitely not. The centre defensive pairing needs to be consistent as much as possible.

Definitely not. The centre defensive pairing needs to be consistent as much as possible.

You say that but Whitbread has come in and played 3 games this season when Buxton has been unavailable:

We won all 3?

I think rotation is certainly better than one of them getting injured and having no options?

You say that but Whitbread has come in and played 3 games this season when Buxton has been unavailable:

We won all 3?

I think rotation is certainly better than one of them getting injured and having no options?

Agreed, I personally think Whitbread is a better player than Buxton, but as neither of them seem to be able to maintain full fitness,

swapping between the two would probably be for the best.

I've said for weeks and weeks and weeks Whitbread is the best defender at the club.

Get shot down every time, both on here and Twitter. I've seen him enough throughout his time at Norwich to know his quality.

Carlisle didn't look like scoring, nor Charlton in the cup - Buxton should never have got his place back so easily.

The only bunmer about Whitbread is his injuries

He's made of fibreglass! He doesn't play every week, because he can't.

I obviously don't know this, but I'd also guess he doesn't take part in every training session.

From Wikipedia: Fibreglass is a strong lightweight material and is used for many products. Although it's not as strong and stiff as carbon fibre, it is less brittle, and its raw materials are much cheaper. Its bulk strength and weight are also better than many metals, and it can be more readily molded into complex shapes. Applications of fibreglass include, aircraft, boats, automobiles, bath tubs and enclosures, hot tubs, septic tanks, water tanks, roofing, pipes, cladding, casts, surfboards, and external door skins.

They forgot to mention Whitbread...

The defense was hardly 'cohesive' if we conceded twice. I recognise that both goals were rub of the green for them however.

At some point I would like to see Buxton-Whitbread as I think they are our strongest 2 CBs

Did you watch / listen to the game???

I would argue quite the contrary - we defended superbly. The first goal was an incredibly lucky deflection and we withstood a barrage of attacks for the last 20 minutes or so, keeping them at bay.

Buxton has to fight to earn the shirt back now in my opinion, and if there is one player I would back to do that, it's Bucko.

Agreed, I personally think Whitbread is a better player than Buxton, but as neither of them seem to be able to maintain full fitness,

swapping between the two would probably be for the best.

Buxton has played in excess of 70 games in the last two seasons. Not much of a fitness problem there. It is crazy to rotate those two defenders, let them battle for the shirt but to deliberately rotate them is nonsense.

Did you watch / listen to the game???

I would argue quite the contrary - we defended superbly. The first goal was an incredibly lucky deflection and we withstood a barrage of attacks for the last 20 minutes or so, keeping them at bay.

Buxton has to fight to earn the shirt back now in my opinion, and if there is one player I would back to do that, it's Bucko.

The first was an unlucky goal, unpreventable. However, the second was unfortunate but to score at the near post seems like a cheap goal. I think it was preventable, possibly with slightly better positioning from Keogh and/or Eustace winning the header. It doesn't really matter because we won.

My point about Keogh wasn't really a direct response to his performance last night. His performances on the whole so far have been good I would say but, he makes one or two mistakes which are often highlighted because they often cost us goals. These take away from his good performances because it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. 

Compare this to Buxton who I can't remember costing us a goal so far this season or latter half of last season and you realise that in close games, Keogh is potentially costing us valuable points hence why I would like to experiment with Buxton- Whitbread at some point.

Archived