Whitbread

AmericanRam

I think he played very well versus Blackburn, really cleared his line and was strong around the box also. I love Bucko as much as the next person, but I really think that Whitbread proved he can handle the position and I will be very dissapointed if Zak does not Saturday. Not saying Bucko is a non-starter now, but with as cohesive our defense was against the Rovers, I think Whitbread should definitely start against Cardiff. I for one thought he was a great guy to pick up this Summer. Thoughts?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i liked about Whitbread is he plays the ball simple. None of these 40 yard balls that Buxton plays that 3 out of 10 goes to a Derby player, and because of the short balls into feet! was the reason we gathered momentum through midfield and looked so dangerous.

Also he won everything in the box in the last 15 mins

Awesome display 

This would be an easy decision for me, I'm not a Buxton hater by any means, but when i watch Whitbread play i see a calm confident player, i think he should definately play when he is fit.

Too be honest, out of the three Whitbread would be the first name on the team sheet for me

One aspect of the draw with Ipswich was too many back passes to Grant which killed our momentum, Buxton being the biggest culprit (maybe feeling his injury so needing more of a rest during play) whereas last night we were always on the front foot until the cavalry charge near the end.

Whitbread will play Saturday. McLaren has no reason to drop him and as he repeatedly said last year if you get the shirt and you play well you keep it. He will not undermine that philosophy in my opinion. I was pleased that he also reinstated Christie last night (Shotton clearly being picked against the Gumps for a one- off tactical purpose). The only changes on Saturday will be because of injury, or to rest someone (Eustace).

Archived