Derby County Podcast Number One - Pooms Booming Header

Joel

Hi everyone

Just to let you know, myself and a few other Rams fans have started up a podcast which is now live over at Soundcloud (link below).

https://soundcloud.com/user6116339/pooms-booming-header

It'd be great for you all to give it a listen and if you have any feedback then please feel free to post or get in touch. (Either on the Soundcloud page or through my Twitter account @rams_view).

This is the first time we've all done something like this, so I'm sure it'll improve with time but feedback and interaction with our audience will play a key part, from opening question suggestions to any pressing matters or concerns that you may have.

The pod was recorded this evening with reaction to yesterday's game against Nottingham Forest, a brief summary of the season so far and a couple of predictions for the match on Wednesday against Blackburn Rovers.

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Podcast 6 - Igor Stimac is now live.

Check it out and comment.

Available on Soundcloud, Podbean and iTunes.

The pod discusses the loss at home to Wigan and a joyous second half against Fulham along with a discussion about the South Stand and a preview of Saturday's forthcoming game against Brentford.

Joel - just listened and this is your best one so far. I especially enjoyed the discussion about Craig 'first name on the team sheet' Bryson, and the concerns regarding our home performances and ability to break down teams that either park the bus or press us. It's superb. Discussed were the performances and the South Stand sanding issue ... and nice work on the Brentford preview too ... I know nothing at all about Brentford (except that I seem to fly over that ground every time I fly in and out of Heathrow) ... But you got LOADS of info from him, and gave up very little ... Mac and the coaching team will be very happy with you this time :) ... Jonathan's contributions are excellent ... he comes across to me as a leading expert on the club. Now depressed I have to wait a whole week for another one - that blows.

Any news on a name yet?

It's just going to be "Derby County Podcast". Kudos for originality, right?!

Joel - just listened and this is your best one so far. I especially enjoyed the discussion about Craig 'first name on the team sheet' Bryson, and the concerns regarding our home performances and ability to break down teams that either park the bus or press us. It's superb. Discussed were the performances and the South Stand sanding issue ... and nice work on the Brentford preview too ... I know nothing at all about Brentford (except that I seem to fly over that ground every time I fly in and out of Heathrow) ... But you got LOADS of info from him, and gave up very little ... Mac and the coaching team will be very happy with you this time :) ... Jonathan's contributions are excellent ... he comes across to me as a leading expert on the club. Now depressed I have to wait a whole week for another one - that blows.

Thanks for that Ninos. Glad that you enjoyed it. I was slightly concerned with the South Stand topic as I didn't want us to offend anyone but felt that the standing issue was a topic that probably should be discussed.

I also know very little about Brentford but the chap I spoke to really was excellent. His website is good as well (http://www.beesotted.com). It should be an interesting game but given what he said, I fancy us to turn them over. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Joel.

It's just going to be "Derby County Podcast". Kudos for originality, right?!

Thanks for that Ninos. Glad that you enjoyed it. I was slightly concerned with the South Stand topic as I didn't want us to offend anyone but felt that the standing issue was a topic that probably should be discussed.

I also know very little about Brentford but the chap I spoke to really was excellent. His website is good as well (http://www.beesotted.com). It should be an interesting game but given what he said, I fancy us to turn them over. Fingers crossed.

Cheers, Joel.

Nah it was discussed very professionally. I even had to go look up the football league rules regarding standing, and its true that it is the clubs who have to enforce what is described as 'persistent standing', but in the end many clubs turn a blind eye.

The bee is's a confident fellow, isn't he? I thought he was describing the German national team with his player reviews there. :) He predicted a 2-1 Bees win, because they play joga bonita like we do ... ahem. Brentford is going to out-football us are they? Let's see what happens satdee! 

Archived