Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby have some good U21s but when certain players are missing they cannot play the free flowing stuff. Koblenz has brains and will be a major star for Derby in a couple of years. Some of the others are looking to me as if they need loaning out to Division 1 teams. I would use Chesterfield as a training base for some of our players for a month at a time.

Be better than Russell, Dawkins, Ibe and Ward. He isn't. Yet.

Just because you're playing well in a reserve league where Matlock Town could hold their own doesn't mean you're ready for a first team call up.

im not saying he is better, but bloody hell, is he even getting on the bench?

What's the point in doing your best if you don't even get to sniff the bench?

im not saying he is better, but bloody hell, is he even getting on the bench?

What's the point in doing your best if you don't even get to sniff the bench?

He's been on the bench multiple times, including Tuesday.

WUM.

For me, Calero could have been brought on against Fulham when we were winning 5-2. Steve brought on Hughes. This mystified me. I was trying to figure out the origin of the other Cup that the U21s are playing in. It was derived from the old Central League which metamorphosed through various forms. There used to be a Central league in the North and a football Combination in the south. This is a Cup version deriving from that and I believe that this year is the first time it has southern teams in it. We were asked by the Football league to participate. There are four mini- leagues of five teams. Derby have Rotherham, Doncaster, Mansfield and some other team. The four winners of the groups progress to the semis. I suspect that two southern winners would play each other , as would the two northern teams. The final between North and South winners presumably. I cannot find the other mini league teams but it would be a nice trophy to win for the U21s. we could pull in a few ringers from the first team if necessary.

• 2 months later...

100 of my posts have been lost to the world of literature. Will this affect the global equilibrium or will the gap be filled by a huge Bananas of relief? I suspect the latter.

It will effect the global equli equalib

There'll be a huge Bananas of relief

Archived