The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Jake Buxton scored against us the other year as well, I'm sure of it.idiot.

Another goal from a set piece ? That sweaty ugly Rooney look a like arghhhh (not sure who hes on about)

Is Ince untouchable? FFS ref.

Come on Wednesday let's get a deserved equaliser against these c*nts.

Why do people get so wound up over this team?

1)  Derby are a much better side than us and should have smashed us - but we put up a fight.

2)  Our season is essentially over, we are gunna finish mid-table this year.

3)  It is time to get excited for what next season will bring.

4)  We haven't had it this good for ages yet you still moan.

Go support Man City or Chelsea if you expect to win every match.

We've been battered for 80 mins - agree, but that's expected. Teams are just better than us and Derby are one of them.

The season hasn't been great, and home as been abysmal.

But I'm on about the here and now. TODAY. It's been largely fine. Much better than recent weeks.

We've been fine all season and that's all I've expected.

If you went into today thinking we'd batter Derby and win then more fool you.

I'm realistic. Derby's team is a world away from our team. ANY team Gray put out today wouldn't have been good enough, any sub made wouldn't make much of a difference IMO. Derby are a class above us.

We'll continue being like this until we can spend proper money.
Gray is doing fine with the resources he has

Just look at the Derby bench compared to ours, they can bring players on we can only dream about.

WE ARE PLAYING THE BEST TEAM IN THE DIVISION PEOPLE

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE FFS

Derby! I knew we should have poisoned their weetabix back in '69.

We very rarely get much against Derby, the amount of times I've seen us pummel them play wise and they either scrape a win or draw against us at Hillsborough In the years gone by Is unreal, seriously our proper bogey team.

Complete meltdown on here cos we're losing 3-2 to the league leaders.

Madness.

Complete nutters you lot.

Obviously some teams are just better than others, and form counts for a lot.

But if we'd have won today, Derby wouldn't have been top of the league... but whether or not Derby are the best team in the division or not isn't the problem.

Derby are a top side obviously and I never expected us to get anything today.

Tbf derby are a damn good side. Poor defending and soft goals killed us today. Expected us to lose, so to be so close is a right kick on the nads.

taken from: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/223820-derby-county-vs-the-wednesday-official-matchday-thread/

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbf, he has a point - Hughes being instrumental in getting Derby to the summit of the Championship can't compete with Pritchard being instrumental in nearly getting Brentford into the playoff places....

Also, bear in mind, many of our grandads fought Adolf and Co to make sure moronic statements like his could be aired in public. Celebrate. 

Tbf, he has a point - Hughes being instrumental in getting Derby to the summit of the Championship can't compete with Pritchard being instrumental in nearly getting Brentford into the playoff places....

Also, bear in mind, many of our grandads fought Adolf and Co to make sure moronic statements like his could be aired in public. Celebrate. 

It seems the efforts of our fans and the club relocating our singers to behind the goal has been noticed.

I like it when away fans complement us on the atmosphere, it must mean we're doing something right! 

​Interesting that they think we only have a decent atmosphere when we're are doing well. Forgetting about still having a higher average attendance that most teams in the prem when we were a mid table championship side.

What the club have done well is turned match day ticket buyers into season ticket holders. That sort of commitment from the fans is great!

All these other clubs fans saying their various largely unheard of youngsters are better than Hughes make me laugh. If any of them were anywhere near as good, we would be saying 'I think Will Hughes is better than such and such'

We don't because we feel no need to compare him, certainly not with any youngster who isn't with a premiership club anyway  

Decided to have a look how Boro feel about us overtaking them at the top:

"Norwich and Derby are the form teams at the business end of the season."
(http://forum.comeonboro.com/index.php?topic=99919.0)

"Yeah, swap with Derby please"
(On being asked if Boro fans would swap squads with any other team)
(http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4313319)

"Two corners and a penalty put them top."
(Does that mean you're not impressed? Seems barbed with implications to me...)
(http://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=4314496)

Hughes is a good player, I have seen him play a lot since he was about 13, I used to watch a friends son at youth level, I was told they bought him from forest when he was about 11-12yo, there was always someone talking about him, Derby have been lucky to hang on to him, although since becoming a first team player he hasn't yet shown how good he can be, I'm sure when Derby get to the premiership he will really step up a level.

Jake Buxton scored against us the other year as well, I'm sure of it.idiot.

Another goal from a set piece ? That sweaty ugly Rooney look a like arghhhh (not sure who hes on about)

Is Ince untouchable? FFS ref.

Come on Wednesday let's get a deserved equaliser against these c*nts.

Why do people get so wound up over this team?

1)  Derby are a much better side than us and should have smashed us - but we put up a fight.

2)  Our season is essentially over, we are gunna finish mid-table this year.

3)  It is time to get excited for what next season will bring.

4)  We haven't had it this good for ages yet you still moan.

Go support Man City or Chelsea if you expect to win every match.

We've been battered for 80 mins - agree, but that's expected. Teams are just better than us and Derby are one of them.

The season hasn't been great, and home as been abysmal.

But I'm on about the here and now. TODAY. It's been largely fine. Much better than recent weeks.

We've been fine all season and that's all I've expected.

If you went into today thinking we'd batter Derby and win then more fool you.

I'm realistic. Derby's team is a world away from our team. ANY team Gray put out today wouldn't have been good enough, any sub made wouldn't make much of a difference IMO. Derby are a class above us.

We'll continue being like this until we can spend proper money.
Gray is doing fine with the resources he has

Just look at the Derby bench compared to ours, they can bring players on we can only dream about.

WE ARE PLAYING THE BEST TEAM IN THE DIVISION PEOPLE

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE FFS

Derby! I knew we should have poisoned their weetabix back in '69.

We very rarely get much against Derby, the amount of times I've seen us pummel them play wise and they either scrape a win or draw against us at Hillsborough In the years gone by Is unreal, seriously our proper bogey team.

Complete meltdown on here cos we're losing 3-2 to the league leaders.

Madness.

Complete nutters you lot.

Obviously some teams are just better than others, and form counts for a lot.

But if we'd have won today, Derby wouldn't have been top of the league... but whether or not Derby are the best team in the division or not isn't the problem.

Derby are a top side obviously and I never expected us to get anything today.

Tbf derby are a damn good side. Poor defending and soft goals killed us today. Expected us to lose, so to be so close is a right kick on the nads.

taken from: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/223820-derby-county-vs-the-wednesday-official-matchday-thread/

Archived