The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Let's balance it out with a view from a Forest fan from LTLF - First time I've been on their in about a year, but christ it's an eye opener.

They've got a thread about which Chris Martin is worse  :rolleyes: Anyway, this is what someone said about us... 

Revised for a reason chap, namely the recent Madrid signing they made. I still think they're mid-table and will do well to make top 6. Genuinely think they are a worse side than they were last year, and that McClaren got lucky last year, doesn't have much else up his sleeve and has a misguided view on team balance.[/size]Not seen enough of the other teams to pick a top 6 yet. Ipswich, Boro & Blackburn are 3 sides I think are in with a good shout and underrated, there's you're obvious Prem relegation teams, and of course Huddersfield may be in with a shout if Davies takes over [/size]

Apparently, we were lucky last year; McClaren is a poor manager and we have a poor team. I'd love him to back this up with any shred of evidence, but then again, that's what I like about football fans. Disregard every shred of evidence because you've got a 'hunch' based on god knows what. It's like the Leeds fans that think Cellino and Hockaday are good for the club, despite all the **** they've had since he took over.

Simply mental. 

Another example; a recent example too, is 'Chris Martin is not a technically good footballer' - a Forest fan on Twitter a couple of days ago. I had never seen an opinion so wrong that it gave me headache, but that one managed it.

Nothing remarkable in the opinions expressed there (ok except the positive reference to Billy Davies). It is the predictions for the top 6 by someone with an IQ of 6. Nothing to see here folks!

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few comments from the Sheffield Wednesday forums following our match:

Re: Will Hughes, this thread: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/216188-will-hughes/page-1

Some very interesting views on who our best players are!

Surprising when Forsyth perhaps put in his worst performance in 12 months on Saturday and his passing percentage must have been below 60%. Shows how different things can look from either side.

Most people who see Russell seem to say this. His chances summed him up though, he's still so wasteful despite seemingly having all the ability you could want.

Ok, I'll ask: what exactly does "spaff" mean? Should I block the kiddies' eyes? Should I block my eyes?

I saw that, thought the same. We was third without Thorne, third with Thorne. We was undoubtedly a better team with him, though.

Undoubtedly. But we were in the top 6 before he even signed on loan as far as I remember.

This thread has a couple of gems:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=41803.0

games - fielded 22 players scored 2 goals and conceded 9 goals - are bottom of the league with no points.....1 plus point today Kaka came on after 60 minutes (we were already 2 - 1 down), but he replaced our left back Stafylidis, who by the way wasn't playing left back....also Voser made his debut replacing Hoogland (we were 3 - 1 down by then)......we were lucky Will Hughes didn't come on for Derby until the 84th minute today otherwise it could of been 10 - 1

How did Derby get beat by QPR, i ask you.

Indeed.

For balance, a few said we were average, and in fairness we were in the first half.

The angst here - and whilst we're not actively mentioned - I'm sure many of us can relate to!

GBLB, Saturday, August 23, 08:02:44pm

That was my first game of the season, having been out of the country for the first 3, although i managed to see the Ipswich and Millwall games on TV

Its not going to be a quick fix, is it? The issues, Magath-related, or not, are too many.

1) The lack of experience. B&W geezer and others have gone over and over this ad nauseum, far more eloquently than me, so i wont go over it again. Its just so obvious, and, to anyone with half a brain, was before a ball was kicked in anger this season. Negligent by the club, and probably Magath.

2) The knock on effect of point 1. We know have a squad of absolutely demoralised youngsters, bereft of confidence. 'You must play them to develop them' the village idiot cries. Not like this. The youngsters wont be learning anything know. Just losing trust in their own abilities. Negligent by the club and magath.

3) We're still massively unbalanced. We dont have a senior keeper. We dont have a senior centreback (well we do but magath wont play him). We have a selection of fullbacks unfamiliar to the country. We have a stack of promising midfielders, with no holder, and only Scott Parker with experience. And, despite the promise of poor Cauley, and Mousa, and the bluster of Hugo, I still believe we're light up top. We could literally bring in a player in any position, and it would probably improve the squad. To be in this position on the 23rd august, 4 games and 12 points down, having sold or released 17 senior pros, is a disgrace. Negligent by the club and Magath.

4) Weve got Amoribietta, Kacaniklic, Ruiz, and Burn sat around. All would probably improve the situation. But they might leave so NO!!!' NO!! They cannot play, the village idiot cries. They might be better options than what we have, they might have left us 7 points better off, but NO!!! Negligent by Magath and probably the club.

5) Our chairman (fine ******* custodian you're turning out to be Shahid, absolutely magnificent), hasnt got a clue. Our CEO is either an overpaid lickspittle, or someone so interested in preserving his own bacon, that he wont act because it casts questions over his judgement. Someone prominent told me thats why he continued to back Jol, and it wouldnt surprise me if the same happens here, he'll back Magath longer than he should because a third managerial failure in 9 months wouldnt look great. And dont get me started on Magath. Stubborn, single minded, we're nothing more than a ******* vanity project to him. He states today that the positive from the defeat was that it shows a change is needed, and i repeat what i said below. It was obvious before. It worries me that our 'best CV ever' manager, was one of the last to see it, that 3 defeats to average teams didnt give him an inkling. Basically our club is riddles with people all the way through, who put themselves and their own interests before the club. 'No man is bigger than the club?' Not at good old FFC. The club seems to come last down here. Negligent by just about the whole lot of them.

I could go on. I could talk about our obvious lack of width, our failure to attack with pace despite having an average age of 12, our powderpuff midfield, our bambi in headlights defence, and brainless attack. But i cant be arsed.

Our manager, ceo and chairman have acted with total negligence towards the club and its paying fans. Add that to shyster Jol, touchline giggler muelensteen and last payday dimitar, - we're probably a laughing stock continent wide.

So glad i got up early today to drive to Derby. I look forward to the next marketing barrage as the club try to flog me more tickets this week.

Sometimes i wish theyd at least use lube first.....

The angst here - and whilst we're not actively mentioned - I'm sure many of us can relate to!

GBLB, Saturday, August 23, 08:02:44pm

That was my first game of the season, having been out of the country for the first 3, although i managed to see the Ipswich and Millwall games on TV

Its not going to be a quick fix, is it? The issues, Magath-related, or not, are too many.

1) The lack of experience. B&W geezer and others have gone over and over this ad nauseum, far more eloquently than me, so i wont go over it again. Its just so obvious, and, to anyone with half a brain, was before a ball was kicked in anger this season. Negligent by the club, and probably Magath.

2) The knock on effect of point 1. We know have a squad of absolutely demoralised youngsters, bereft of confidence. 'You must play them to develop them' the village idiot cries. Not like this. The youngsters wont be learning anything know. Just losing trust in their own abilities. Negligent by the club and magath.

3) We're still massively unbalanced. We dont have a senior keeper. We dont have a senior centreback (well we do but magath wont play him). We have a selection of fullbacks unfamiliar to the country. We have a stack of promising midfielders, with no holder, and only Scott Parker with experience. And, despite the promise of poor Cauley, and Mousa, and the bluster of Hugo, I still believe we're light up top. We could literally bring in a player in any position, and it would probably improve the squad. To be in this position on the 23rd august, 4 games and 12 points down, having sold or released 17 senior pros, is a disgrace. Negligent by the club and Magath.

4) Weve got Amoribietta, Kacaniklic, Ruiz, and Burn sat around. All would probably improve the situation. But they might leave so NO!!!' NO!! They cannot play, the village idiot cries. They might be better options than what we have, they might have left us 7 points better off, but NO!!! Negligent by Magath and probably the club.

5) Our chairman (fine ******* custodian you're turning out to be Shahid, absolutely magnificent), hasnt got a clue. Our CEO is either an overpaid lickspittle, or someone so interested in preserving his own bacon, that he wont act because it casts questions over his judgement. Someone prominent told me thats why he continued to back Jol, and it wouldnt surprise me if the same happens here, he'll back Magath longer than he should because a third managerial failure in 9 months wouldnt look great. And dont get me started on Magath. Stubborn, single minded, we're nothing more than a ******* vanity project to him. He states today that the positive from the defeat was that it shows a change is needed, and i repeat what i said below. It was obvious before. It worries me that our 'best CV ever' manager, was one of the last to see it, that 3 defeats to average teams didnt give him an inkling. Basically our club is riddles with people all the way through, who put themselves and their own interests before the club. 'No man is bigger than the club?' Not at good old FFC. The club seems to come last down here. Negligent by just about the whole lot of them.

I could go on. I could talk about our obvious lack of width, our failure to attack with pace despite having an average age of 12, our powderpuff midfield, our bambi in headlights defence, and brainless attack. But i cant be arsed.

Our manager, ceo and chairman have acted with total negligence towards the club and its paying fans. Add that to shyster Jol, touchline giggler muelensteen and last payday dimitar, - we're probably a laughing stock continent wide.

So glad i got up early today to drive to Derby. I look forward to the next marketing barrage as the club try to flog me more tickets this week.

Sometimes i wish theyd at least use lube first.....

Great post by the cottager.

Can't remember it. What happened? Thought ref was good, but was quite lenient with bookings..

Jumped in from behind, one footed but did catch his man, would have been booked any other time but it was right at the end.

Can't remember it. What happened? Thought ref was good, but was quite lenient with bookings..

He'd already set up two goals by then. The ref didn't reach for his pocket once. One if their guys could have been carded. But I think the red saw there was nothing malicious in either tackle, it wasn't that sort of game, so let it be. Very good reffing.

With another ref, it might have been a yellow, not a red in a million years.

Archived