The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi RACML, I meant that Wigan have won the last three away to Derby but may be wrong about that. A lot of opposing fans that have watched Derby at their best have decided that there is nothing to match us in this league on our day. Derby are breath taking at times. Who was the brains behind Jim Smith's team when McClaren was there with him. He would not have got a job at Man Utd (The mighty in the Reds) if he had only been a trainer, now would he. A guy who watched the Rams train for decades told me that it was McClaren's brains and tactics. McClaren's mistake was to be a manager with the overburdening responsibilities that it brings. The present management team at the Rams is well balanced with everyone doing the right things. All McClaren is doing now is tweaking the performances, his team know what to do and when it is not working well he tells them what to do and they understand because he talks plain English like as wot as we do. I think that McClaren is making the job look easy because he is sending out teams playing the same way every time and he has the right players to replace them or rotate them. This is true all the way through the Club for the first time in its history. Who else could have turned the Rams around at half time like that?

Derby were the better team in the first half but I felt there were signs towards the end that we were exerting pressure without creating chances. The early goal in the 2nd half gave the whole team and crowd belief. From there on, we pressed well and outplayed them tactically. Thought MW substitutions were spot on. 

Derby for 20 minutes first half looked classy in all areas and I feared we hadn't turned up as let have them far too much time and space and failed to win a second ball.

Martin is a fat, whinging, cheating coward and I really wish he'd been lumped after the game.

Privileged to have been at the game. Derby were the best team by a country mile. 

Derby best team, did Button have anything to do?

Chris Martin is an utter ****. For a guy built like he is he went over at every opportunity.

We showed today we can mix it with the best and Derby certainly will be up there near the end. 

Derby looked very dangerous with some intricate passing around our box.

Derby have some very good players. Keogh and Hughes were very good

Chris Martin is an utter ****. For a guy built like he is he went over at every opportunity. The incident with Craig was definitely a red card offence, off the ball he picked Craig up by his legs and threw him over, the linesman saw it and flagged so must have bottled it because it had to be a red card.

The thing is Martin isn't even fat and players everyone calls fat probably have lower BMI than 99.9% of the crowd. I'll never forget us slagging off Dean Windass when he came with Bradford one time to PP. He proceeded to pull his top up and pat his six pack, got a huge cheer.

Coaching staff need to sit them down and question their desire and confidence right now. No excuse for dropping down the gears yesterday at 1-0, committed suicide.

This

Mac said in his interview, 'we stopped passing the ball and started running with it'

Basically meaning we completely forgot and/or ignore the gameplan entirely, at times I wonder myself how much the players want this as so many times we lack that determination and grit we had last season

The thing is Martin isn't even fat and players everyone calls fat probably have lower BMI than 99.9% of the crowd. I'll never forget us slagging off Dean Windass when he came with Bradford one time to PP. He proceeded to pull his top up and pat his six pack, got a huge cheer.

I remember that was was singing 'You fat *******' and he scored and to be fair we clapped him.

From Huddersfield forum:

Just back - done by a dodgy (at best) goal. That was the turning point for me.

However, it's a long time since we lost a game and I came away happy that the team couldn't have done more. They grafted for each other and whilst they couldn't match some of the Derby players for skill, they matched their efforts and more.

We have less than 40% possession and had more shots than the home team - and plenty on target. Butland was as busy as Smithies - especially in the last ten minutes, plus Nahki should have stuck one home.

On another day we would have snatched a point against the best team in the league (IMO) 

Powell is still in the early days, but his attitude seems to be rubbing off. Now is his first test for me, setting off on another run!

Thought this was a good summary and shows why teams fear us:

What was that about the deep midfielder !

Excellent sweeping in front of their defence being very composed and sparking off many of the moves.

That's from Huddersfields view so they noticed Mascarell then !

Archived