The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR's Adel Taarabt is three stone overweight according to Harry Redknapp and Harry needs to make some big calls to keep his job. Makes you glad that you support a well run Club.

QPR are a joke - plastic club all the way through...they will drop and the usual post Redknapp chaos will then begin

Some more from Reading...

"gave it a good go against a Derby side that will probably get promoted automatically"

"losing 3-0 to a top team like Derby > losing 3-1 to Brentford."

"everytime ive seen him play (Hughes) he looks the real deal, they wont be able to hold on to him for much longer"

"always felt Derby had another gear and ways looked comfortable."

"Derby had some really good spells with nice short passes that we couldn't cope with"

"The fact remains we have just suffered our heaviest home defeat at Championship level since Boxing Day 2003, against a team that had won just once in Reading in 16 previous attempts"

"Derby were a class act today, bar Grant who provided some of the worst goalkeeping ability since Van Der Kwaak last graced the turf. Fully expect them to go up automatically, their style of play and setup reminded me of the last McD season when we got promoted with no flair but a great ability to absorb pressure and smash a team on the counter"

"I don't think I have ever heard anyone be anything but practically in awe of how good Hughes is. It's amazing that he is still at Derby really. Kudos to him if he stays with Derby if (or more likely when) they get promoted to the Premiership."

"We huffed an puffed for 90 minutes plus with the cream always coming to the top which in this case was Derby (potential champions)."

"There was a period in the first twenty minutes when every time Derby lost the ball one of their players would lie on the floor. Once I noticed that happening, I watched out for it, and it continued for the whole game" 

"They are a nasty cynical side, and they will get caught out by it soon. A better ref would have let us play on a few times while their cheats acted out their feigned injuries and kept our attackers onside."

"I agree with the poster above - I thought Derby were about as cynical as you can get without starting to pick up loads of bookings. Not knocking them for it, you can't really get out of this league otherwise"

I love it when people make such assumptions after seeing us for one match.

A nasty cynical side? We literally couldn't be any more of the opposite.

Also read a few pages back aswell that we're one of those sides that likes to absorb pressure and score from set pieces... What games have these fans been watching?

Derby are the team we want to be. Balanced, powerful and with that bit of extra quality to make teams pay.

I think we'll get there in the end and I reckon Adkins is that man. He was made manager with a remit to change how we play and he's only been backed a little bit due to the ownership debacle. Norwood needs a partner in the middle, a left back so we can push Obita further on and at least one if not two centre backs. Once we have those players we can truly judge the manager.

Derby are a great team, but it's taken them 4 or 5 years to get there. They didn't totally play us off the park despite the score.

I could watch Will Hughes play football all day, kids an absolute baller. English academies seem to produce a lot of players in his mould. Reminds me a lot of Barkley on the ball.

So our keeper fractures his foot but plays on when they have a free kick. Yep very cynical

One of their posters also takes a pop at Keogh for his play acting too... not like he had concussion and got subbed because of it.

"There was a period in the first twenty minutes when every time Derby lost the ball one of their players would lie on the floor. Once I noticed that happening, I watched out for it, and it continued for the whole game" 

"They are a nasty cynical side, and they will get caught out by it soon. A better ref would have let us play on a few times while their cheats acted out their feigned injuries and kept our attackers onside."

"I agree with the poster above - I thought Derby were about as cynical as you can get without starting to pick up loads of bookings. Not knocking them for it, you can't really get out of this league otherwise"

Reading were filth I thought.

Fouled us all game.

There was a moment when someone for us comitted the clearest foul, their player then made a foul, went mental as to how they didnt get the free kick originally and got booked. 

Trying to find a football supporter who does not think that the Rams will get promoted this season is becoming rather difficult. Potential Champions is now the in phrase. Guy on FL72 said Derby have everything and that they are the only team that you can say will win by a good gap. Matter of fact way that Butland signed yesterday is hilarious. No-one is surprised that the England U21 goalkeeper came here. Any young player would love to play for Derby. Where else can you get the chance to express yourself so freely? No stories of players behaving badly coming out of the Raams. I think if you do not show the respect that McClaren deserves you will be very quickly playing out on loan a couple of divisions down to cool your heels. what Derby need now is a couple of Croatian 17 year olds before the bigger clubs grab them. Give Igor a ring and get them on trial. Arsenal have been grabbing young players for years. We might get the next layer down but they would not cost the earth. The young player conveyer belt is starting to roll and will only gather pace. Pity about Wardy but an opportunity for others to grab with both hands.

Cox seemed a different player at Reading, his whole demeanour was more upbeat, he always looked hacked off and played with a scowl for the dogs, looked to be really trying on Sat.

I was taken aback by his sportsmanship too.

Well Done Mr Cox.

Cox seemed a different player at Reading, his whole demeanour was more upbeat, he always looked hacked off and played with a scowl for the dogs, looked to be really trying on Sat.

I was taken aback by his sportsmanship too.

Well Done Mr Cox.

It was the poisonous atmosphere created by Davies maybe? The whole team ethic was built on hoofball tactics and a mardarse culture of surrounding refs with imaginary cards.

Judging on their performance against us last month, Pearce hasn't changed it much yet.

Archived