The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

I take a lot of enjoyment from reading or hearing about us from sources unbiased.

Usually after matches I'll go on opposition forums to see what they're saying. Some of it is stupid but some of it makes me feel proud of what we have here.

Here's a post I've just seen on Carlisle's forum:

Surprised to see CMW getting 7.5 and 8... I think he looked like a man against boys... effortlessy reading and dealing with practically everything which came his way... which bearing in mind was against probably the most impressive and hard working championship side I've ever seen Carlisle play... Derby are certainly going to be challenging for the title.... and I'll be amazed if CMW doesn't end up where he started... with the likes of Man City and England.... I know his signing divided a lot of folk... but I'm over the moon we have a 20 year old English Stephane Pounewatchy on the books.... his transfer free should keep the club in business... and the sell-on fee we get for him on his next move... hopefully the board aren't inept enough to leave it out this time... will probably bring in even more coin.... Gillespie had a great game in front of the cameras which won't have gone unnoticed either....

Link: http://thecumbrians.boards.net/post/29160/thread

Makes you feel warm inside, right?

So here's a thread for people to post whatever they find be it encouraging, stupid or simply interesting.

It can be from other forums, newspapers, real life or whatever.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's balance it out with a view from a Forest fan from LTLF - First time I've been on their in about a year, but christ it's an eye opener.

They've got a thread about which Chris Martin is worse  :rolleyes: Anyway, this is what someone said about us... 

Revised for a reason chap, namely the recent Madrid signing they made. I still think they're mid-table and will do well to make top 6. Genuinely think they are a worse side than they were last year, and that McClaren got lucky last year, doesn't have much else up his sleeve and has a misguided view on team balance.

Not seen enough of the other teams to pick a top 6 yet. Ipswich, Boro & Blackburn are 3 sides I think are in with a good shout and underrated, there's you're obvious Prem relegation teams, and of course Huddersfield may be in with a shout if Davies takes over 

Apparently, we were lucky last year; McClaren is a poor manager and we have a poor team. I'd love him to back this up with any shred of evidence, but then again, that's what I like about football fans. Disregard every shred of evidence because you've got a 'hunch' based on god knows what. It's like the Leeds fans that think Cellino and Hockaday are good for the club, despite all the **** they've had since he took over.

Simply mental. 

Another example; a recent example too, is 'Chris Martin is not a technically good footballer' - a Forest fan on Twitter a couple of days ago. I had never seen an opinion so wrong that it gave me headache, but that one managed it. 

I've seen a fair number of views from other fans that we're due a 'second season syndrome' and our quality is midtable at best.

It's clearly obvious that not many teams watch us play and fans underestimate the power of having a decent team spirit and a unique style of play which gets the best out of the players.

I'd rather take a cheaply assembled team with a true identity and style than an expensively assembled team which just as 11 'big names' thrown together.

It's why Forest fans will never understand. They simply think that splashing the cash on random 'big named' players will all of sudden make them title challengers.

Simon Cox and Jamie Mackie both were top goalscorers at some point so lets just buy them both for $3m+... After half a season of hoofball and Mackie pointlessly dragged out to the wing and they can't see why they've only got about six goals between them.

Clueless.

Let's balance it out with a view from a Forest fan from LTLF - First time I've been on their in about a year, but christ it's an eye opener.

They've got a thread about which Chris Martin is worse  :rolleyes: Anyway, this is what someone said about us... 

Revised for a reason chap, namely the recent Madrid signing they made. I still think they're mid-table and will do well to make top 6. Genuinely think they are a worse side than they were last year, and that McClaren got lucky last year, doesn't have much else up his sleeve and has a misguided view on team balance.

Not seen enough of the other teams to pick a top 6 yet. Ipswich, Boro & Blackburn are 3 sides I think are in with a good shout and underrated, there's you're obvious Prem relegation teams, and of course Huddersfield may be in with a shout if Davies takes over 

Apparently, we were lucky last year; McClaren is a poor manager and we have a poor team. I'd love him to back this up with any shred of evidence, but then again, that's what I like about football fans. Disregard every shred of evidence because you've got a 'hunch' based on god knows what. It's like the Leeds fans that think Cellino and Hockaday are good for the club, despite all the **** they've had since he took over.

Simply mental. 

Another example; a recent example too, is 'Chris Martin is not a technically good footballer' - a Forest fan on Twitter a couple of days ago. I had never seen an opinion so wrong that it gave me headache, but that one managed it. 

I hope they read this. What a bunch of idiots. Can they not put their hatred to one side or are they genuinely that stupid. I have predicted that they will just miss out on the play offs. But a win or two extra and there in it and they are more than capable. We have something really special going on at our club right now. Many outside commentators can see it. But Forest fans...I would be embarrassed if an average team thrashed us 5-0. 

I personally could care less what other teams fans think for the most part.I just focus on Derby and what is going on them.They have their opinions and thats whatever.Forest fans are deluded and it will probably never change.Will they get relegated this season?No way really.But will they make a run at the playoffs? No chance with their current setup imo.

I also think that the jealously factor comes into with these other teams as well as they wish they had the great management that the Rams have. COYR!

I personally couldn't care less what other teams fans think for the most part.

FTFY

Sorry, I know you're American, but that's a pet peeve. If you could care less, it implies you care a bit, and it's possible to care less, if you couldn't care less, it means you care the smallest amount it is possible to care.

I'm not sure how 'could care less' ended up the standard phrase in America, but it makes no sense. Maybe if I correct you, you'll correct all your friends, and this time next year, the while of America will be getting it right.

Then we can talk about 'Aluminium'.

Anyway, now I've got that out of my system, carry on with the thread.

I checked out there forum last season when we was on a winning streak and they were saying the exact same things then, "i t won't last, they'll finish mid table" football rivalries really do cloud peoples judgment.

Anywho, nice comment from the Carlisle chaps, hopefully we'll be hearing the same against championship opposition as well.

FTFY

Sorry, I know you're American, but that's a pet peeve. If you could care less, it implies you care a bit, and it's possible to care less, if you couldn't care less, it means you care the smallest amount it is possible to care.

I'm not sure how 'could care less' ended up the standard phrase in America, but it makes no sense. Maybe if I correct you, you'll correct all your friends, and this time next year, the while of America will be getting it right.

David Mitchell - Soapbox

FTFY

What are you blathering on about? (English expression)

Leave him be.

Archived