Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just watched all of Luther on Netflix over the last week.

Utterly compelling. The relationship between him and Alice is fabulously done. And, as you say, Idris Elba is fantastic.

I did the same thing in December, wrote it in this thread, but CodeZero-gate meant those comments were wiped.

I did the same with The Fall too. I recommend watching Boardwalk Empire and True Detective too.

I did the same thing in December, wrote it in this thread, but CodeZero-gate meant those comments were wiped.

I did the same with The Fall too. I recommend watching Boardwalk Empire and True Detective too.

We have Breaking Bad in our sights now.

We have always had something else to watch but we can't avoid it any more.

• 2 months later...

More a comedy than pure drama but I've somehow ignored Entourage up till now, mostly just because I kinda loathe Mark Wahlberg. It's absolutely the best thing I've watched in ages though, just can't stop slogging through it right now.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the second series of True Detective, especially with it's interesting choice of cast. 

The 1st season was incredible, watched it through 3 times now and it's just perfect. Hopefully the second series is as good. 

​I am currently watching the final episode of season 1.

I think Dalton is quite good in this show.Somewhat surprised by Hartnett as I never really thought of him being a good actor,but I think he does a fine job in this.

Fine cast all-around.

Second season is great so far.

I know I'm a latecomer, but thanks to 6 months free Netflix I've been watching Breaking Bad, having avoided it because everyone raved about it.

Just reached the end of series 3, can't remember ever seeing a tv drama so intense  that at times that I have to make a concious effort to breathe while watching!

Well worth every plaudit and award going.

I know I'm a latecomer, but thanks to 6 months free Netflix I've been watching Breaking Bad, having avoided it because everyone raved about it.

Just reached the end of series 3, can't remember ever seeing a tv drama so intense  that at times that I have to make a concious effort to breathe while watching!

My favourite show ever.Just fantastic writing,acting,etc.

​I liked Better Call Saul better

My favourite show ever.Just fantastic writing,acting,etc.

It's comments like these that made me avoid it, almost like I'd be cheating on The Wire to watch it, what a fool I was, incredible in every way!

​I was the same. Watched them all about 2 months ago. I won't ruin it for you, but, like The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire, when it ends, it leaves a void!

Archived