"CB squad player"

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They said it was a new name so I doubt it will be Lowry, Sieman sounds like a 'McLarenesque' signing, for he does like his fringe/youth players, so keep the name in mind, as David Edgar is still my best bet, but St Ledger the dark horse in this

Signed to be ahead of Bucko (for a game or so, until he finds his rightful place) would probably be more accurate.

Fixed

Signed to be ahead of Bucko would probably be more accurate.

What?

Buxton has outperformed Keogh in every aspect this season, as well as being our most consistent player all season. Buxton was also named Supporter's Clubs' Player of the Season, Keogh never got anywhere near that...

I remember this time last season and up until a few games in, people were saying how Buxton isn't good enough and should be dropped. This season he has proved everyone wrong and has had an incredible season being a rock at the back for us.

It bemuses me as to how people are still calling for him to be dropped.

i think bucko's was a biagger mistake, didnt close down hoilett and made a real hash of trying to tackle him when he finally decided to, now ive said that, brace myself :pinch:

Forsyth should have actually tried to defend instead of trying to block their player and leave the balm to run. Had he actually tried to defend and put the bal out, or get a touch in it to play it to Buxton then Buckos mistake wouldn't have happened.

Leander Seimen:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/11/01/leander-siemann-arsenals-next-german-superstar/

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leander-siemann/profil/spieler/182211

Seems more of a fringe player actually. Would rather a young 18 year old who played in a champions league academy for 3 years and took part in UEFA tournaments than 32 year old championship driftwood tbh.

Your Kidding right? I wouldn't want an 18 year old centre half anywhere near the first X1. Too important a position, we need good experience there not a wet behind the ears kid.

Forsyth should have actually tried to defend instead of trying to block their player and leave the balm to run. Had he actually tried to defend and put the bal out, or get a touch in it to play it to Buxton then Buckos mistake wouldn't have happened.

I think both players were trying to avoid giving away free kicks quite correctly. It just went wrong with the three of them - a big shame but these things happen to better defenders than ours.

I've tried to think about why Forsyth and Bucko didn't do enough and I can only think they didn't want to give away a cheap free kick.

They're probably thinking like the rest of us, QPR haven't got near us all game, they've hardly caused us an issue and it's set up for them to nick it from a set piece.

They'd both be thinking "don't foul". It's drilled into them daily not to dive in.

They're thinking nothing could go wrong. No-one could have forseen the series of really scruffy non-tackles and the ball falling perfectly for QPR..

I'm sure either of them, given the chance to challenge for the ball again, would smash it and Hoilett into the stands.

I feel for Richard Keogh ,who was otherwise immaculate, cos the ball shouldn't have got anywhere near him.

What?

Buxton has outperformed Keogh in every aspect this season, as well as being our most consistent player all season. Buxton was also named Supporter's Clubs' Player of the Season, Keogh never got anywhere near that...

I remember this time last season and up until a few games in, people were saying how Buxton isn't good enough and should be dropped. This season he has proved everyone wrong and has had an incredible season being a rock at the back for us.

It bemuses me as to how people are still calling for him to be dropped.

I was talking about players who have been signed to be ahead of Buckenbauer over the years, only for Buxton to show time and time again that he's better than them. This was a response to the post:

How many players have been signed to replace Bucko since he arrived? 5? 6?

If you've read my comments on him over the years, I've always defended his place, from his first season here. He's always done a job, the key was proving the doubters wrong time and time again. If another centrehalf were signed as "first choice", they'd be signed with Keogh's position under threat.

I've tried to think about why Forsyth and Bucko didn't do enough and I can only think they didn't want to give away a cheap free kick.

They're probably thinking like the rest of us, QPR haven't got near us all game, they've hardly caused us an issue and it's set up for them to nick it from a set piece.

They'd both be thinking "don't foul". It's drilled into them daily not to dive in.

They're thinking nothing could go wrong. No-one could have forseen the series of really scruffy non-tackles and the ball falling perfectly for QPR..

I'm sure either of them, given the chance to challenge for the ball again, would smash it and Hoilett into the stands.

I feel for Richard Keogh ,who was otherwise immaculate, cos the ball shouldn't have got anywhere near him.

QPR's goal was a black swan moment. It was so unlikely that it wasn't something that was expected to happen, and couldn't be seen happening (the commentators for the match were actually commenting on how QPR hadn't had a shot on target all game in the build up). It happens, and people will try and justify how it could be prevented, how it was such and such's fault, how they saw it coming. The simple point is that it's one of those freak moments. Forget it, it happens, come back next year and finish the job.

I was talking about players who have been signed to be ahead of Buckenbauer over the years, only for Buxton to show time and time again that he's better than them. This was a response to the post:

If you've read my comments on him over the years, I've always defended his place, from his first season here. He's always done a job, the key was proving the doubters wrong time and time again. If another centrehalf were signed as "first choice", they'd be signed with Keogh's position under threat.

Oh, fair play, I apologise my mistake    :)

It just looked like bucko and Forsyth left the ball for each other. And by the time they realised that neither of them was clearing it, it was too late. The whole thing was just a catalog of what should have been fairly minor mistakes, starting from bucko playing a silly ball out wide left and giving it away.

Archived