Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big thing will be whether any new overseas signings transfer their form over to England. That Bony for Swansea carried on his goal scoring over here but that Van Wolfswinkel guy for Norwich failed miserably (1 goal isn't it?!?). Any overseas signings will be massive gambles, that Michu guy did it for a season but now hasn't been heard of since.

I'd much rather sign the stars of the relegated sides for a fair price then have a couple of low value/free transfers from overseas, definitely much safer in my view.

Or that young lad matt smith from leeds ross mcomake from leeds it seems he can hit a few bloody free kicks those players that could win us games in the premership but we need another centre a rock.at the back that can take command.

Or that young lad matt smith from leeds ross mcomake from leeds it seems he can hit a few bloody free kicks those players that could win us games in the premership but we need another centre a rock.at the back that can take command.

For me it doesn't matter what part of the planet they come from as long as theyre not on massive wages and are willing to play in the Prem and Championship even if we go up. Moist on two year contracts with options after that. 25% paycut if we aren't in the prem, staying up bonus if we do

For me someone like Matt Smith or Ross mccormack fits that bill it's if we are willing to pay the transfer fees however fees dont kill clubs wages do.

A few have mentioned Norwich strikers and dismissed them due to lack of goals...

Probably due to Norwich being the least inspiring team I've ever seen in the prem, playing for draws more times than wins.

*cough*Chris Martin*cough*

*cough*Chris Martin*cough*

Well exactly, Hooper banged them in for a poor championship team and then did fairly well at Celtic. He doesnt become a bad striker overnight... Norwich are just piss poor and stick 10 behind the ball every game. Even when they need to win

Regardless do what division we are in next term I'll suggest Adam le Fondre and Danny Guthrie from Reading - neither of whom have yet been offered new contracts. Even having had by his standards a poor season, ALF has still bagged 16 goals. If we have had a weakness this year it has been not converting enough chances - I know that's open to debate as we are top scorers In the division but that's how I see it

DG has always looked good when we have played against him. An alternative to Thorne?

Of the relegated teams it is not long ago that Hangeland was touted as the best CB in the division. What could Steve Mac do with him?

Archived