**Please Read - DCFC Fans Offline 04/07/13 **

David

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Budweiser is almost as bad as Corona and SOL.

Budweiser - the beer that America stole from Czechoslovakia - then messed the grainbill up completely. There are many hundreds - possibly thousands - of excellent American beers (just about all of which come out of small 'craft' breweries) - and then there's Budweiser.

Sorry for the short notice but tomorrow Thursday 4th July at 9am the forum will be offline for several hours, possibly most of the day, I've checked with my #ITK source and there will be no signings tomorrow so don't panic.

Heart internet where the forum is hosted have an offer on with 30% off if you pay up front for a year, currently I'm paying monthly and for whatever reason they won't allow me to change to a yearly payment and take up this offer. It will save around £200 over the year which will make me happy.

I now have to cancel the current server, transfer the data over to the new one and then repoint the domain to the new IP address blah blah, pain in the arse but not only does it save money but the new server will be beefed up with a new SSD which will serve the files faster which will be noticeable during busier periods like match days so its a win win for all of us.

Moving the data over won't take that long, hour tops but waiting on the domain to point to the new server leaves us in the hands of the internet and your ISP gods. I know from past experience some ISP's take longer than others to recache or whatever they do so if you're with Sky you may see us back online quicker than say BT for example.

I will update Twitter and Facebook with updates. I will reply on Facebook to any problems or questions but not on Twitter as the mentions timeline can go crazy at times with people using @dcfcfans instead of #dcfcfans (which isn't anything to do with this forum by the way)

facebook.com/dcfcfans

twitter.com/dcfcfans

Bravo to Daveo for his time, effort and money put into this forums!

Budweiser - the beer that America stole from Czechoslovakia - then messed the grainbill up completely. There are many hundreds - possibly thousands - of excellent American beers (just about all of which come out of small 'craft' breweries) - and then there's Budweiser.

You're missing the point Eddie.  It's not about the quality, it's about the FREEDOM!

Also, thank you for actually acknowledging that we actually do have a crap ton of amazing beers in America.

You're missing the point Eddie.  It's not about the quality, it's about the FREEDOM!

Also, thank you for actually acknowledging that we actually do have a crap ton of amazing beers in America.

One of my favourites isn't made any more - New Glarus Fat Squirrel. It was a brilliant brown ale. I should like to try one of the 'Pliny' beers, just to see what the hype is all about, but some nice ones we can get over here (If I go over to the 'Offie' at Leicester) are Goose Island Honkers, SNPA, Odell Myrcenary, Rogue, Flying Dog and several different APAs, but I'm not really a mega-hophead. Loads of breweries now seem to be trying to produce Belgian clones, but there's really not much point in anyone trying to export those over here when the genuine article (Belgium) is only an hour away by plane.

Archived