Promotion next season?

Hans

Clough says our target is 70 points for next season, this year that would have got us into the play offs, so there going to be a lot of ifs on this post. Basically say if we get in the play offs, and by some cruel twist of fate we win the play off final, then what? I'm concerned because:

If we do get into the play offs what happens?

-We win the final and go up

-We lose and aim to get into the play offs next season

Will the board be prepared to invest so we can stay up so we don't have a repeat of what happened last time.... Strangely I wouldn't want promotion too soon, but you never know, I hope the board are prepared if we do, and it seems that is their ambition in the long run. I just want us to keep improving season after season until we are truely ready.

Thoughts?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing at a time Hans!

Lets get promoted then worry about it. Even if we came straight back down, Clough would get more points than Davies and Jewell did.

I don't think I am getting ahead of myself :) it's just that we obviously ave a target higher than previous seasons, and a new CEO in Rush we has put more pressure on Cough than Glick ever did to achieve, 70 points in this league which I would argue is getting more average equates to a play off spot, and a play off spot means fighting to go get promoted, so I think we are gearing up to starting heading towards that top six this season.

Sorry I I am getting ahead of myself! I'm just a little excited, especially if we sign Vaughan and some other quality signings,

It'd be nice to win more than we lose for the first time in about 7 bloody years!!!!

Seriously, we haven't had a better win column since we got promoted under BD

Actually, somebody told me the number of league matches we've lost since being promoted. Can't remember the exact figure but it big and embarrassing.

It'd be nice to win more than we lose for the first time in about 7 bloody years!!!!

Seriously, we haven't had a better win column since we got promoted under BD

Actually, somebody told me the number of league matches we've lost since being promoted. Can't remember the exact figure but it big and embarrassing.

127 out of 268!

47.4%!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Derby_County_F.C._seasons

Whilst every club is on 0pts we have a chance, who predicted the promoted/play off sides last summer?

****** to spending the summer moaning about Nigel and thinking we're in for more of the same mid table crap, it's the 3 months of the year I can realistically dream of promotion and you can all **** off if you think you can take that away from me.

Talk to me about how we will do in the Premiership as we prepare for it next summer.

Hopefully the league next season will be no better than this time. It difficult to imagine any of the promoted sides challenging whereas you'd have thought Wolves were always in with a chance.

The three teams coming down look stronger than the ones coming up but that is usually the case. Hard to know how teams are gonna react coming down. If we are to finish top six, which of the following will we finish ahead of:

Qpr

Reading

Wigan

Brighton

Bolton

Palace or Watford

Big spending Leicester

Big spending Forest

Reckon Palace or Watford will be worse next season, one of the relegated teams will have a mare so it could be between three east midlands teams for 2 places.

Promoted three will probably end up as Boro, Brum and Brentford

Every season promotion should be the aim.

I distinctly remember playing Championship Manager and my chairman expected me to "Battle bravely against relegation".

That's how this football lark works, isn't it? 

I don't think we've hit a target in the last 6 years so why would we hit this one?

It annoys me that even still, people fear success. It wasn't promotion that hurt us last time, it was our poor reaction to promotion.

Archived